3.4 Swaps The 3.4 V6 Toyota engine

script to download fsm's from toyota -- anyone want a copy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
script to download fsm's from toyota -- anyone want a copy?

Been meaning to post this for a bit, while I had my 48 hours of access I decided it was tracking to long to download and rename all the PDFs individually so I wrote a script that did it for me, not the most user friendly

Rrequires you to read the page source for the manual you are looking for, copy a link and feed it in. Once that's done you set your login details in a config file and run from the command line. Once that's done it will go to work and download all files related to the FSM you are looking for, I used it to snag a complete copy of FSM for 4 years of vehicles related to my swap and associated wiring diagrams.
It will download into folders by section same as how Toyota has things subdivided

Its a python script so if you want a copy to get manuals for you you'll need a copy installed to run it, but you'll also be able to see the source code and know I not trying to steal credentials,or anything

Send me a pm or reply to this post if you'd like me to send a copy, if there is enough interest I'll post it somewhere and add a d/l link to this post.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:21 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
or you could just go to piratebay and torrent every manual for every car made in like 5 minutes?
Old 05-15-2014, 09:13 AM

If you want to go that route, no guarantees you'd find what you need...

I wrote my script and downloaded everything I could need in a couple hours, took just a couple minutes each after that plus the time my computer was working to download
Old 05-17-2014, 07:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by amites
Been meaning to post this for a bit, while I had my 48 hours of access I decided it was tracking to long to download and rename all the PDFs individually so I wrote a script that did it for me, not the most user friendly

Rrequires you to read the page source for the manual you are looking for, copy a link and feed it in. Once that's done you set your login details in a config file and run from the command line. Once that's done it will go to work and download all files related to the FSM you are looking for, I used it to snag a complete copy of FSM for 4 years of vehicles related to my swap and associated wiring diagrams.
It will download into folders by section same as how Toyota has things subdivided

Its a python script so if you want a copy to get manuals for you you'll need a copy installed to run it, but you'll also be able to see the source code and know I not trying to steal credentials,or anything

Send me a pm or reply to this post if you'd like me to send a copy, if there is enough interest I'll post it somewhere and add a d/l link to this post.
Can you post this in English that non computer nerds understand?
Old 05-17-2014, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by HighLux
or you could just go to piratebay and torrent every manual for every car made in like 5 minutes?
Don't let the intercops see this
Old 05-17-2014, 11:09 PM

looking for 90-95 FSM for awhile - please send me path!
Thanks
Old 05-18-2014, 05:07 PM

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts
The 90-95 manual is on this page. Just scroll down. I just downloaded the 95 Tacoma manual last week. Once you hit the link it takes about 3 minutes to "find" the document. I recommend you put it on a memory stick. It's a big file.

http://web.archive.org/web/201101022...ttora.com/FSM/