3.4 Swaps The 3.4 V6 Toyota engine

How to Swap Video-Parts needed. Tips and tricks

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to Swap Video-Parts needed. Tips and tricks

I have been playing around with the idea of doing a step by step engine swap video for some time. This weekend I decided to grab the camera and put together a 30 min video full of tips and tricks that i learned along the way as well as an into of sorts to an actual video series.

This would be called-"Parts Needed and Engine Prep". Maybe this will be easier for some to figure out just how the swap works, and what will be needed. I didn't use notes and just went with it in about 4 takes. If I forgot something, please comment. If I made a mistake, help others out to make it clear by posting in the comment.

Comment if you think a series like this would be a great idea. All I need is someone that is doing a swap for video cuts I can put together into a larger project.

Grab some popcorn........she's a long one.

Last edited by Oregon'sLoneWolf; 04-18-2015 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:43 PM

I think its a good idea. Ive seen pictures on doing your own wiring but i would really like to see the process someone went through to make a conversion harness from scratch to finish in a video. That to me seems the hardest part of the swap.

Sent from my iPhone using YotaTech
Old 04-19-2015, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by DavidLovesToyotas
I think its a good idea. Ive seen pictures on doing your own wiring but i would really like to see the process someone went through to make a conversion harness from scratch to finish in a video. That to me seems the hardest part of the swap.

Sent from my iPhone using YotaTech
Yes, I agree. Now that I understand EWDs and how to read them, I think I will venture out and get some plugs and work on it. Another segment would be on how to convert an auto harness to MT and plug swap which I had to do for my truck. I have a spare harness I could use for parts and plugs. Just an idea I have floating around in my head among many.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I thought you did a real good job on the video and I learned a few things on the 3.4. Great job!!! I too am aware of the old farmer diesel tricks. Works great on cleaning motors. I use one quart of oil and fill the rest with diesel. They will rattle but diesel is slick and it cleans them up.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Terrys87
I thought you did a real good job on the video and I learned a few things on the 3.4. Great job!!! I too am aware of the old farmer diesel tricks. Works great on cleaning motors. I use one quart of oil and fill the rest with diesel. They will rattle but diesel is slick and it cleans them up.
Well, it's good to hear to was able to teach a super moderator a thing or two. I'm glad it is a good contribution to the site. Without it, I would not have been able to pull of this miracle. Thanks.