YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Off Road Tech, Fab Shop, Solid Axle Swaps, Tool Time, & Engine Swaps > Engine Swap Talk > 3.4 Swaps
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

3.4 Swaps The 3.4 V6 Toyota engine

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2012, 04:21 AM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

How many cranking amps for a swap 3.4?

I have a nice Red Top Optima Batery, and the truck runs perfect. I have no extra lights and, in fact, I'm switching all bulbs to LED to decrease the load on the electrical system.

Now, I'm on the hunt for a Jumpstart-and-Compressor Portable Power and Air system, and these come in different ranges of cranking amps, peak and constant. I live in Puerto Rico, and it really never goes below 75, so engines never really need to crank in a cold weather. Since, of course, I'm looking for the cheapest working option, I need to know how many cranking amps are needed to turn the engine so I can buy the correct Portable Power system. Any ideas?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
kcorpetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
Contributing Member
Personal Sales Rating: (1)

Well last time I tested my battery, it said it was bad and only had about 300 CCA but my truck still starts perfect every time, that is on a 22RE though.
Dents and Stickers and now with lots more dents.

1998 Toyota 4runner Limited-
4wd, Automatic, 3.4 5vze and Rear E-Locker Daily Driver.

James Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:25 AM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
22re, 34, 4runner, 98, amps, cca, cold, cranking, jumpstart, needed, runner, start, toyota, tundra, v6