3.4 Swaps The 3.4 V6 Toyota engine

5vzfe swap stalling issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol not spraying while cranking anymore... caught my boat on fire like that. Like i said it runs and idles fine so it wouldnt be useful to test is like that. My 3.0 was down on power when I pulled it.... never figured out why could have been fuel starvation 0.o .... My COR cranks on IG2. However I will be testing fuel pressure this week (just got home from vegas )...

I did not know they made a banjo bolt adapter thats perfect!

Thanks for the suggestions I will update when I get a chance to run some tests.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vasinvictor
Get a fuel pressure tester that has a banjo bolt adapter in it. You can hook it in where you did the "fuel line flip". You may be able to connect it to the front side of the rail too, it may be easier to get at. Your fuel pump should activate when you actually crank the truck, or it might come on in IG2, depending on how you wired your COR. Factory way fuel pump comes on when the truck is actually cranking. You can use the Diagnosis pins under the hood to jumper your fuel pump on (FP and e1, I believe). If you get fuel pressure that way, then have a buddy help you crank the truck while your testing and see if you get pressure. This will tell you if the COR is wired correctly.

I mean the 3.0 was running before you yanked it, so I'm doubting fuel pump problem. Gonna be a wiring issue. Can you spray ether down the throttle body while cranking and see if you get fire? Be careful with that stuff though, spray while cranking, don't spray a pool of it then try to crank.
Thanks for all your help I got it runing like a top! I scheduled a trip to the shop for monday so I was putting everything back together and started it. Out of curiosity I started playing musical coil packs (even though they ohmed out good) and discovered only two cylinders were firing. Originally I checked for spark on every cylinder but figured I was getting fuel everywhere.... I wasnt. Pulled the computer out and turns out I wired the top row of plug D backwards. 4 of my injectors werent even firing. Fixed the problem and cranked it and it started right up!

Thanks for the help guys but my wiring was the problem..... of course

P.S. It hauls @$$