3.4 Swaps The 3.4 V6 Toyota engine

3.0 to 3.4 body harness question

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3.0 to 3.4 body harness question

I just wanna say thanks for reading my thread. I have been reading on wiring for the body harness and the problem I'm seeming to have is that others dont seem to have the same 3.4 body harness. I have a 91 toyota 3.0 4x4 manual and i know the motor came out of a 95 3.4 4x4 manual. The guy i got the truck from cant remember if it came out of a t100 or tacoma. I'm thinking tacoma because of the oil pan, dipstick, oil pick up etc. The first two pics are from the 91 and the second is from the 3.4. I cant seem to find the wiring from the 3.4 plugs
Attached Thumbnails 3.0 to 3.4 body harness question-1203160027.jpg   3.0 to 3.4 body harness question-1203160023.jpg   3.0 to 3.4 body harness question-1128161230.jpg  
Old 12-05-2016, 07:59 AM

Those look to be the "II" plugs. The 3.4 plug on the right (the white one) looks like my II3 plug. The gray one I have no idea because mine is smaller on the 4runner application. Have you been on TIS and pulled multiple years of Tacoma and T100 engine EWDs? Any page with the ECU will have those plugs.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by 00Tyler10
Those look tnoo be the "II" plugs. The 3.4 plug on the right (the white one) looks like my II3 plug. The gray one I have no idea because mine is smaller on the 4runner application. Have you been on TIS and pulled multiple years of Tacoma and T100 engine EWDs? Any page with the ECU will have those plugs.
The gray one on the new motor is what i cant seem to fins. I have the wiring diagrams from my truck and a t100 from TIS but i forgot to get it crom the tacoma
Old 01-02-2017, 02:41 PM

anyone else have any input on it? motor came from a 95 tacoma manual 4x4 going into a 91 toyota 3.0 4x4. i will be dropping the motor in soon and would rather wire it myself rather than pay for a harness.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look at the two connectors from the 3.4 engine harness that connect to the body harness, study them, memorize them, get to the point where you can draw the shape of the connector by hand. Now, open your EWD (for both the possible T100 and Tacoma) and navigate to "Power Source" -> "Electrical_Wiring_Routing" -> connecto.pdf and scroll through that document until you find the image of BOTH of those connectors (the white and gray ones), write down the name of the connector (for my 97 4Runner donor, the white one is "II3" [ii3]).

From there, create a spreadsheet with a tab for each of those two connectors, label the first column "Pin Number" and enter 1 - N (how ever many pins there are), next column should be wire color, then the 3rd column "description." Now this is the painful part, open the Overall EWD for the T100, and do a search for that connector number, and for each and every pin that's found, verify that it's appropriate for your application (5VZ and whatever options your donor came equipped with), and write down the wire color specified in the EWD as well as a description of the function of that wire. Now repeat that for the other connector. Now, look at your actual connectors and visually look to see if the wire colors match the spreadsheet you just created. If they match, its a pretty safe bet to say that's a T100, if they don't all match (1 or 2 may not match and it still could be a T100), then you probably have a Tacoma donor. If you think you have a Tacoma donor, start that whole process over with the Tacoma EWD that you will need to download.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:44 PM

Wrong location

Sorry this is old but I will say that the EWDs are not listed in the proper location on TIS I have all the EWDs if needed, if this helps anyone in the future pm me and I'll send em over
Old 11-08-2023, 03:34 AM

Harness

Originally Posted by Soumipukuu
Sorry this is old but I will say that the EWDs are not listed in the proper location on TIS I have all the EWDs if needed, if this helps anyone in the future pm me and I'll send em over
I need help with the body harness 91 Toyota truck donor is a 98 4Runner any help would be greatly appreciated