YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > Maintenance & Repair Archives
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Maintenance & Repair Archives Note: This section will be merged in with the other tech areas soon, and is now closed

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-13-2005, 06:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Send a message via ICQ to Andrey Send a message via AIM to Andrey
P0121 - Throttle Pedal Switch Position Sensor

Last night my "check engine" light came one. Running through OBD-II diagnostics it came up with the following code:

P0121 - Throttle Pedal Sensor Switch "A" Circuit Range/Performance.

Honestly, I'm not even exactly sure where to look. Has someone run into similar issue or is there a place where I can adjust the throttle pedal cable position?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!

- 1" lift PP springs, deckplate mod, amsoil air filter, optima battery, alum. skid plate, alum. tube steps
- Pioneer 8500MP, PhoenixGold Amp + Infinity Kappas, RockfordFosgate Amp (mono) + Audobahn 10" Sub
- Yakima roof rack, Silverstars, Black Pearl emblems, Wet Okole seat covers, Wood Trim
- TRD Supercharger, 7th inj. kit... weee heee!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-13-2005, 11:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Contributing Member

Talking

You need to replace the throttle position sensor.. it's on the back of the throttle body.. costs about $80 at the dealership. unfortunately, cleaning it doesn't really help. I had to replace mine at about 60k
2000 V6 TRD 5spd | 1.5" body lift; 2.5" sus lift: SAWs, 8leaf deavers, downey shackles, bilstein 5125s, 32" BFG AT's | Magnaflow 18" muffler, Hella 500s, bentup sliders, polar bear guards, aluminum diamondplate skidplate, clear corners & bumper lenses, tonneau cover | deckplate mod, disable DRL mod, greywire mod, extended diff breather, clutch pedal mod

Last edited by boogyman; 05-13-2005 at 11:33 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-14-2005, 05:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogyman
You need to replace the throttle position sensor.. it's on the back of the throttle body.. costs about $80 at the dealership. unfortunately, cleaning it doesn't really help. I had to replace mine at about 60k
Is it difficult to replace? When I went to the dealership (had to balance tires), they quoted me over $950 to replace throttle sensor and something else. The guy recommended not to do it though since he wasn't 100% sure if that'll fix the problem.

Can I get in touch with you later on to ask for more details? I'd rather pay $80 and do it myself.

Thanks,
-- Andrey

- 1" lift PP springs, deckplate mod, amsoil air filter, optima battery, alum. skid plate, alum. tube steps
- Pioneer 8500MP, PhoenixGold Amp + Infinity Kappas, RockfordFosgate Amp (mono) + Audobahn 10" Sub
- Yakima roof rack, Silverstars, Black Pearl emblems, Wet Okole seat covers, Wood Trim
Old 05-14-2005, 03:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Tps

I had the same error, but was able to adjust mine with a feeler gauge. It wasn't that difficult, and after I reset the ECU, the code was gone. Just my $.02
Old 05-14-2005, 07:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade
I had the same error, but was able to adjust mine with a feeler gauge. It wasn't that difficult, and after I reset the ECU, the code was gone. Just my $.02
If you don't mind me asking, what's the filler gauge?

Thanks,
-- Andrey

Old 05-14-2005, 07:13 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
check, circuit, engine, p0121, pedal, pos, position, problem, rangeperformance, replace, sensor, sensorswitch, switch, throttle, throttlepetal