Engine Swaps Swapping an engine in your Toy, here is where to learn how

Chevy Vortec & V8 & V6 & I5 & I6 engine swap helpfull tech

Old 12-04-2013, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chevy Vortec & V8 & V6 & I5 & I6 engine swap helpfull tech

I'm posting this hear becuase it gets alot more action then the domestic swap section and I think this might help the general swap knowledge, it's a bit long winded but bear with me it might prove helpfull.

In my research for my l67 series 2 swap https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f163...-prerp-273253/ which is mostly just me thinking out loud, I've discovered a few things that might make any chevy vortech or any swap with a chevy v8 block to belhousing bolt pattern much easier and cheaper if you are willing to stay or go standard.

The chevy/gm colarado/canyon and possibly H3 hummer with a standard transmission option use an aisin MA5 tranmission (exactly what year spread and what engine options I'm not sure yet but they seem to be limited to the atlas inline 5 cyl 3.5l and 3.7l).

All atlas family engines use the chevy V8 block to bell bolt pattern.

The MA5 has the same case to bell bolt pattern as all R series toyota transmissions.

This should mean that this bellhousing should directly bolt with no adapters any vortech or chevy engine that uses the V8 bolt pattern to any r series toyota transmission.

This bellhousing requires a 7.5 inch deep input shaft which is available in various transmissions and with various spline counts which are to a degree interchangable, depending on the application and mixture of flywheel and clutch components combined with certain input shaftes any combination should be possible with some input shaft and pilot bushing maching and maybe some decking of the bellhousing to get the perfect depth combonation.

This isn't my discovery it's alot of stuff pieced together by the works of others but so far as I can tell no one has tried this combo so while I'm looking for input for my own swap I thought this might get some other peoples ideas going on there own vortec/chevy v8 applications.