YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Off Road Tech, Fab Shop, Solid Axle Swaps, Tool Time, & Engine Swaps > Engine Swap Talk > Engine Swaps
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Engine Swaps Swapping an engine in your Toy, here is where to learn how

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

85 Toyota Hilux Engine Swap

I was really hoping someone experienced can help me with my new Toyota project im going to start working on here in the near future. I'm new at rebuilding motors so im trying to get some good advice and do some research to get a good idea of what im looking at and the cost estimation. Im going to swap out the 4 banger on a 85 hilux with a 7m-ge toyota supra motor. So I wanted to know where to get a top notch quality header for this exact motor, I looked online but couldnt really find what I was looking for. Does anyone know a web site I can check out, or a name brand. Price isnt something im worried about as long as its a top notch header. I'm looking for the best here. Another thing is what kind of exhaust pipe and muffler should I use for top performance on the HP? Another question is what is the best cam I should throw in the head for smashing trails. If someone can help on these questions with some solid facts that would be much appreciated, thanks.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
Anthony.Turner.AK907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #2

DISCOMBOBULATED
The search function on here is your friend plenty of members have done this swap with detailed threads on it.
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
Threadstarter [OP]

ok yea im new to this site thanks
Anthony.Turner.AK907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #4

DISCOMBOBULATED
It's cool if you go to the search function and go to advanced search titles only for what your looking for, you will get better results. I have read some pretty awesome threads on your swap they are here, someone might also chime in that has a build thread direction.

Whatever you do start a build thread and take lots of pics we love pics!!!!
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
4runner, 73, 85, 92, build, classic, de, engine, hilux, lux, motor, swap, toyota, version, yotatech