YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Off Road Tech, Fab Shop, Solid Axle Swaps, Tool Time, & Engine Swaps > Engine Swap Talk > Engine Swaps
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Engine Swaps Swapping an engine in your Toy, here is where to learn how

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-31-2012, 12:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

1uz vvti or not.

Let me start by saying I'm not new to engine swaps in general. I don't however have experience with the 1uz vvti. I have wiring down on the 1uz non-vvti but I'm not quite sure about the vvti. I found a great deal on a vvti from a 99 sc400 complete with harness, ecu and all accessories. I guess my question is :
1. What will be the major difference(s) in wiring the vvti from the non-vvti
2. Will I have any issues not using the sc400 transmission? (Lack of ecu/trans communication causing a no start situation). I plan on using the r150f that's in my 95 4runner.

These sound like newb questions but I cannot find any answers. I only have my phone to search at the moment which makes it even worse.

Maybe a stand alone system would be best.??

Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
sctrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

Draven Boulette FMF91WARRIOR
i did alot of reading awhile back and make sure you get the ignition switch if you get the vvti it wont start if you dont have the matching key cylinder from what ive heard with the vvti (stupid bit of info but i figured every little bit helps)

The most epic race you had was against the neighbor kids big wheel.

if only because of the fact that the motor can run on one cylinder, upside down, with no oil, and a hole the size of your fist in the block before needing a major overhaul, but that doesn't mean you should let it happen! -Magnusian
Dreidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

Yeah thanks. I remember seeing that somewhere as well. I forgot though to ask if the cylinder was included. Thanks for the reminder. Is there a way around the security on this? If the ignition is not included is there a way around this? I hate to pass up such a good deal.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

i dont really remember because i did some hardcore research when i was like " yeah im going to do this and its going to be awesome" then reality hit me and i realized i was broke. im sure there is though
nice chop on the 4runner btw

if only because of the fact that the motor can run on one cylinder, upside down, with no oil, and a hole the size of your fist in the block before needing a major overhaul, but that doesn't mean you should let it happen! -Magnusian
Old 12-31-2012, 02:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

Thanks .
Old 01-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

try this site has tons of info
http://oldschool.co.nz/2011/forum/in...howtopic=30736

Old 01-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

Yeah. I have this one bookmarked. I downloaded my first 1uz schematics from there.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

Dang. I have those pages bookmarked for quite some time and not till now do I find my answer.
Thanks for the refresher on that site!!

Last edited by sctrep; 01-01-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

yep no problem i guess lol

Old 01-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1uz, 1uzfe, 4runner, chassis, ecu, engine, ignition, key, number, put, sale, sc400, swap, toyota, uz, vvti