Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Squaw Ridge/Pardoes Trail August 27-28 2011

Old 04-27-2011, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i cant wait, literally !! and dark_fairytales i actually like small groups stop and go traffic does not please me lol
Old 04-28-2011, 08:50 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by t4r4life
i cant wait, literally !! and dark_fairytales i actually like small groups stop and go traffic does not please me lol
Are you trying to make fun of me driving Miss Daisy, lol. No worries, I will be slower this time around. I will have installed my dual T-case and drive train lift by then. I'll be able to idle through the entire trail, lol.

Although stopping too film is defiantly worth it. It is a great way to relive the experience and share with others the adventure you have had. So I will continue to film as much as I can, as long as others allow me too do so.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd like to come if I can get everything ready, looks like a lot of fun
Old 04-28-2011, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by dark_fairytales
Are you trying to make fun of me driving Miss Daisy, lol. No worries, I will be slower this time around. I will have installed my dual T-case and drive train lift by then. I'll be able to idle through the entire trail, lol.

Although stopping too film is defiantly worth it. It is a great way to relive the experience and share with others the adventure you have had. So I will continue to film as much as I can, as long as others allow me too do so.
x2 on films and pictures, cant remember how many times i went through some gnarly stuff and wish i had videos or picture
Old 04-28-2011, 09:04 AM

My wife tells me we have to do this!!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:13 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by dark_fairytales

you want to go even SLOWER this time!? dude...we didn't even get on the trail until after 10 and we made camp at like 5-6pm, then were done and back home in the early afternoon ... what should happen is run the trail almost all the way through to one of those big open areas closer to silver lake for camp, then turn around and finish out doing the trail in the reverse direction, ha! i guess it doesn't really work out this way when you've got lots of rigs, lol

off topic, but sometime in the future i'd like to be able to do THIS and run Slickrock, Strawberry, and Deer Valley in one weekend.

do we know of any other trails or sweet fire roads in the vicinity of Pardoe's Trail?
Old 04-28-2011, 11:15 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
oh yeah, and to mix things up, nobody should be allowed to take any bypasses, muahahaha
Old 04-28-2011, 05:32 PM

I think if we met up early enough and started early...around 8 or so, it really might be possible to camp near silver lake, and do the trail in reverse the next day. That would be awesome. As long as it doesnt seem too rushed.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:42 PM

i was planning to come up there Friday too. Maybe Friday evening though as i may have to work. If not, probably 4 AM saturday morning.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jaino240
i was planning to come up there Friday too. Maybe Friday evening though as i may have to work. If not, probably 4 AM saturday morning.
I probably wont get there til evening either, last trip Brandon and I didnt get there until about 10 at night. Hopefully it wont be that late this time. Glad others want to camp friday night, I would hate to be the only loner out there lol
Old 04-28-2011, 08:37 PM

Yeah Im planning ahead in case I get lost. lol

I always get lost for some reason, never been out there before, so this will be an experience forsure.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:47 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
same here i may just drive up friday night, id like to but not 100% sure just yet though ..
Old 04-29-2011, 07:50 AM

Thats my plan also but I am not sure if that is the way it will work out. Ji you can always follow me up to Bear Reservoir when I leave I know that much of getting up there just not sure where the trail is.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:25 AM

x2 on films and pictures, cant remember how many times i went through some gnarly stuff and wish i had videos or picture
Well I guess that says it. Filming it is.

Originally Posted by 87wheels
My wife tells me we have to do this!!
Wow, your wife must be really cool, to want to drive that far with these gas prices. I know you would not be disappointed on the trail.

Originally Posted by highonpottery
you want to go even SLOWER this time!? dude...we didn't even get on the trail until after 10 and we made camp at like 5-6pm, then were done and back home in the early afternoon ... what should happen is run the trail almost all the way through to one of those big open areas closer to silver lake for camp, then turn around and finish out doing the trail in the reverse direction, ha! i guess it doesn't really work out this way when you've got lots of rigs, lol

off topic, but sometime in the future i'd like to be able to do THIS and run Slickrock, Strawberry, and Deer Valley in one weekend.

do we know of any other trails or sweet fire roads in the vicinity of Pardoe's Trail?
I hear ya Brian. I would also like to make plans to hit up multiple trails in the area in one multi day thing. I still need armor for Painted rock, although UKmyers told me its much easier now.

As for going slower, I am talking about using the gears in the rock garden for fun. Just to see how slow it could be done with out stalling. Like you I have wanted to run the trail in revers as well.

Originally Posted by stockwell45
I think if we met up early enough and started early...around 8 or so, it really might be possible to camp near silver lake, and do the trail in reverse the next day. That would be awesome. As long as it doesnt seem too rushed.
I also think it is possible. We could keep it in mind and see where we end up and then discuss it that night, I agree stockwell, as long as we could do it with out feeling rushed we could have another great day.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Contributing Member

subscribed
Old 05-01-2011, 01:48 AM

I need to get myself out off-roading more. I'm tentatively putting this on the Calendar and hoping I can make it.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by redwolf3
I need to get myself out off-roading more. I'm tentatively putting this on the Calendar and hoping I can make it.
calender? this thing is mentally burned into my brain!!!!! because of its awesomeness, is awesomeness a word i dont care its awesome <------ this thing is pretty badass if toyota is a religion i would be a yotaist

Last edited by t4r4life; 05-05-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:43 AM

calender? this thing is mentally burned into my brain!!!!! because of its awesomeness, is awesomeness a word i dont care its awesome <------ this thing is pretty badass if toyota is a religion i would be a yotaist
its a word now. Shakespeare invented 1500 words, so I think you are allowed to invent at least one
Old 05-08-2011, 08:47 PM

Got at least 2 other rigs from Sonora to come.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by stockwell45
Got at least 2 other rigs from Sonora to come.
Nice! as it gets closer it's looking like I'm gonna beable to have the funds to go I was thinking of camping up there Friday night also, im also bringing my camera never go on a wheeling trip without it lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Squaw Ridge/Pardoes Trail August 27-28 2011