Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Squaw Ridge/Pardoes Trail August 27-28 2011

Old 04-14-2011, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by t4r4life
me and stockwell need to represent for the 3rd gens lol
Hell yes!! You know, I've never wheeled with another 3rd gen before, my rig always seems so ''new'' compared to everyone elses
Old 04-15-2011, 06:59 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stockwell45
Hell yes!! You know, I've never wheeled with another 3rd gen before, my rig always seems so ''new'' compared to everyone elses
hey are you saying my yota is an antique, lol. Thank god I am at least five years older then my yota or I would have to call it an antique my self.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:19 AM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
Well... im 2 years older than my truck. And stockwell... I've never wheeled with a 2nd gen 4Runner before. lol they've always been first gens and your third gen.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:32 AM

I dont think I've wheeled with a 2nd gen either, well besides you anyways. And pismo doesnt count, that was more of a huge gathering of drunk toyota owners than a wheeling trip lol. I've got my 4runner beat by 6 years. Damn I feel old.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:56 AM

mine is listed as a classic already. I dont think i can consider my yota a classic yet.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by dark_fairytales
I would love to be there, I totally love exploring new places. I have a few obligations... BLAH BLAH
Ha. All that time spent typing could have cleared off half of your list. I'm testing out a few different GPS tracking programs and my mapping program so im hoping I can find one that works out well. So there should be plenty of route info to hopefully recreate a nice trip in the future.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:39 AM

Soccer was once again amazing. Now i hurt everywhere.

Did you fella's have a good time. I'll check the trail report thread to see if you guys posted anything excursion
Old 04-17-2011, 10:53 AM

cant wait till august, dont know any of you in person but yota's and wheelin should bring us together
Old 04-17-2011, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by NCalDyer
cant wait till august, dont know any of you in person but yota's and wheelin should bring us together
Nice to have you come along, were a pretty cool group of guys if I do say so myself lol
Old 04-18-2011, 07:12 AM
RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Soccer was once again amazing. Now i hurt everywhere.

Did you fella's have a good time. I'll check the trail report thread to see if you guys posted anything excursion
here you go kieth .. had fun was cool ..sorry, i spelled it wrong so you probably cant search it
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f100...e-area-233692/
Old 04-18-2011, 10:08 PM

I posted up a few of my videos there also. Any yes Keith that was soup and yes it was delicious and cheap.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:43 PM

Wow. 10 rigs already and still 4 months til the trip. Were gonna need to find a bigger camping spot then the one we had last time lol
Old 04-21-2011, 12:16 AM

cant wait
Old 04-21-2011, 07:12 PM

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
putting in for the days off tomorrow...
Old 04-23-2011, 08:51 AM

Wow. 10 rigs already and still 4 months til the trip. Were gonna need to find a bigger camping spot then the one we had last time lol
well if i skip all the filming this next time around and hit the trail head earlier in the day. We may be able to make it to Mud Lake and camp there. Only problem with that, it sucks to feel rushed. I am sure we will be taking loads of pics. again. I am also sure we all like a relaxing lunch. I suggest planing lunch at one to the two vistas for at least an 40 min. to an hour. I will replay the trip in my head and try to retrieve an image of some other good spots to camp further down the trail, then where we camped last time.

space-junk putting in for the days off tomorrow...

It is good to see you will be coming this time around space. you will feel real disappointed that you missed the last trip, after you see this place.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:55 AM

well if i skip all the filming this next time around and hit the trail head earlier in the day. We may be able to make it to Mud Lake and camp there. Only problem with that, it sucks to feel rushed. I am sure we will be taking loads of pics. again. I am also sure we all like a relaxing lunch. I suggest planing lunch at one to the two vistas for at least an 40 min. to an hour. I will replay the trip in my head and try to retrieve an image of some other good spots to camp further down the trail, then where we camped last time.

space-junk putting in for the days off tomorrow...

It is good to see you will be coming this time around space. you will feel real disappointed that you missed the last trip, after you see this place.
Thats not that big of a problem, we didnt hit the trail until pretty late last time anyways. I'll probably stay 2 nights like I did last time with b4runner at bear reservoir. A little relaxation at lunch is good too, last time was perfect.
I think everyone enjoyed watching your films last time Keith, maybe a little filming wont hurt lol
Old 04-23-2011, 08:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man I'm getting excited already. lol. Over ten rigs, thats going to be a nice picture shot forsure!! haha
Old 04-24-2011, 08:10 AM

Thats not that big of a problem, we didnt hit the trail until pretty late last time anyways. I'll probably stay 2 nights like I did last time with b4runner at bear reservoir. A little relaxation at lunch is good too, last time was perfect.
I think everyone enjoyed watching your films last time Keith, maybe a little filming wont hurt lol
I will plan on being up at Bear Res. the night before as well. well hopefully we will be able to hit the trail head earlier in the day. Next time we will have to let Snowhite catch up sense he was late last time, lol. I plan on filming and enjoy it a lot. I just do not want the filming to hold us up, unless no one cares about the delay. I am thinking we should be keeping an eye out for a good camping spot around 4:30pm, as that will give us about 2.5 hours before Sunset.

Originally Posted by Jaino240
Man I'm getting excited already. lol. Over ten rigs, thats going to be a nice picture shot forsure!! haha
Don't get your hopes up Jaino. last year there were many more members signed up for the trip and only a total of seven rigs showed. I'm sure there will be more then seven rigs this years, as almost everyone who went last years says they are planing for this years trip as well.

Last edited by dark_fairytales; 04-24-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:48 PM

The spot we were at last time wasn't that small. I think we could probably get in a fair amount more people. There were also some areas on the other side of the trail that were semi open I think. It was also on the top of the mountain I think. Kinda cool to say you camped on the peak of some epic mountain that you just drove up. It's a ways off but I'd like to shoot to get up there the night before also. Last time Robert wanted to go up at like 5am. I wasn't even near awake.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by chrismcdowell25
The spot we were at last time wasn't that small. I think we could probably get in a fair amount more people. There were also some areas on the other side of the trail that were semi open I think. It was also on the top of the mountain I think. Kinda cool to say you camped on the peak of some epic mountain that you just drove up. It's a ways off but I'd like to shoot to get up there the night before also. Last time Robert wanted to go up at like 5am. I wasn't even near awake.
it is not legal to camp on the south side of the road with out a permit. So we have to stay on the north side. you are correct Chris, it is a fairly large area and we will look at it im sure. If you do show up the night before, I will see you there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Squaw Ridge/Pardoes Trail August 27-28 2011