Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Best Day Wheeling Yet!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 02:09 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Best Day Wheeling Yet!!

I made a trip with some ODW guys and members of Rising Sun on Saturday. (Rising sun is the Denver Chapter of TLCA) We chose the Swan Creek/ Georgia pass area in the high mountains between the Breckenridge and Keystone ski areas. We started out with 7 Toyotas ranging from an FJZ-90 to my '87 Mini to an FJ-62 and a handfull of '96-2001 4Runners. I had to leave early due to work but I still had a ton of fun!!

I suprised myself by making the hardest obstacle of the day look easy. This hill was really steep and rocky. Some of the highly modified $30,000+ Toys really struggled on the rocky hill that I covered in about 30 seconds. 1/2 of those expensive rigs even had trouble on the bypass, others took 10 minutes or more to make the hill 3 feet at a time.

Webshots pix of 7-13 run.

I took a video of my friend in a '97 Runner with a Fuji Finepix 2600 Z digicam and put it in my Yahoo briefcase. Its 2.1 Megabytes and in Quicktime format for now.

Its the only item in that file. Cruise around the rest of my briefcase if you want, there is nothing else really great in there.Vid of Scott and his Runner "Sherpa"
Old 07-16-2002, 06:47 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Nice pics Matt.
I see your locker came into play and saved the day
One of these days I might have to do that.

Beautiful scenery up there.
Poor Nissan, I guess they thought it best to just leave it and total it out?
Kind of ruins the looks of the enviroment though, but also a warning to drive safe in the wilderness.
Old 07-19-2002, 07:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Best Day Wheeling Yet!!

[QUOTE]I suprised myself by making the hardest obstacle of the day look easy.[\QUOTE]

Aren't lockers the best thing since......uh.......factory electric lockers?!?
Old 07-19-2002, 03:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Philly
Very nice pics Matt, we are all very envious, at least I am!

Little off subject but saw a real nice gen one here in Houston last night that had just had a brand new engine installed with a brand new rear cap. Man it looked fantastic, wished AdamF could have seen it he would have drooled. The inside was spotless as well as no rust, dents or dings. Original paint, very nice. But the weather is good to vehicles down here in Houston. The people who own it are the original owners and they just love it so muh that they will continue to maintain it and own it until it flat out disintegrates. LOL Sorry about the side out here.
This just goes to show that people love their Toyotas and don't want to ever part with them. I know this is how I feel about mine. After the mods I have done I want to keep it forever. Only a catastrophic wreck or theft will seperate me and my truck.

Even further off the topic of my trip...

As newly appointed moderator of this message board, I don't mind threads kind of wandering a little. As long as it keeps the conversation going and somehow related to the thread topic. We need to heat this board up a little!!