Land Usage & Off Road Responsibility Discussion pertaining to the education of proper land usage, closures, and responsible off road driving

Tread Lightly

Old 10-19-2008, 05:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tread Lightly

Hey guys,
I'm writing a report for my english class on community involvement and i picked Tread Lightly as my organization.
I just have a few questions for any of you that are members of Tread Lightly.

Do they really make a big impact on the environment?

Do they do a good job educating people about the environment?

Would you say they are a pretty helpful and worthy organization overall?

thanks a ton
Old 10-19-2008, 09:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
anyone?
please i need to write an essay tonight
Old 10-19-2008, 09:50 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by algranger
Hey guys,
I'm writing a report for my english class on community involvement and i picked Tread Lightly as my organization.
I just have a few questions for any of you that are members of Tread Lightly.

thanks a ton
1) Do they really make a big impact on the environment? I think they have the potential as the movement is made up of the land users (us)

2)Do they do a good job educating people about the environment? Yes to those who seek out the information, some clubs require their members to complete basic course.

3)Would you say they are a pretty helpful and worthy organization overall? Yes from my limited knowledge. The reason is that organizations and individual wish to limit where and how we 4X4 play our hobby, this horrible evil conspiracy uses everything we do off road to justify the reasoning. With us knowing the larger overall impact of being stupid the individuals who love what we do will do their best to take that weapon away from the evil conspirators.

Some of the things they teach is the use of tree straps. If enough bark around a tree is cut into the tree will die. If as a wheeler we use a tree as a winch anchor and don't use a tree saver we can very well kill that tree, plus looping a winch cable to itself lessens it total strength and life of the winch cable. Now if that tree dies we've A) given the evil conspiracy ammo against us 2) lost a winch anchor if all the best trees/anchors next to a trail are gone what do we do next time we're stuck? So really tread lightly is their to help us protect ourselves and ensure that we can continue to use land for our hobby.

http://nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30554
http://nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30564

Go through the first link to explain the second link. We must protect what we hold scared or we stand to lose it.

Hope this helps. I am not affiliated with the above wheelin club nor a spokes person of tread lightly. Ijust respect what both of the above do. Hope this helps.