Land Usage & Off Road Responsibility Discussion pertaining to the education of proper land usage, closures, and responsible off road driving

Be Careful Wheeling -Tacoma Rollover at Tellico (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ouch. Check out his foot hanging out of the truck.

Old 08-09-2005, 09:17 AM

OUCH
Old 08-09-2005, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by joez
There is another lesson from those pics: Holding your foot to the floor is not always the best way to get over an obstacle.
agreed !!
Old 08-09-2005, 12:12 PM

Can you say "Soft" Taco? He should have had a "Hard" Taco.
Hard=With roll cage.

Expensive lesson learned. glad no one was seriously injured. But dayum the mullet made me laugh!

I'm just waiting for someone to photoshop it.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:28 PM

That totally destroyed that truck. Atleast he had a hot female to take care of him after it happened.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Gavin S.
Could that actually be a rock?

Frank
Old 08-09-2005, 02:54 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by elripster
Could that actually be a rock?

Frank

Nope, it's his foot. He posted pics of his foot on another forum. I'll see if I can find them.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just went back over the squence and saw the foot come out. Ouch.

I know what if feels like to have a car land on, well in my case it was my left hand. Not good. Hope he didn't get hurt too bad.

Frank
Old 08-18-2005, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by elripster
I just went back over the squence and saw the foot come out. Ouch.

I know what if feels like to have a car land on, well in my case it was my left hand. Not good. Hope he didn't get hurt too bad.

Frank

Yea, that was a big ouch.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:54 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I think that whoever chose that line deserved to flip! As far as doors, he probably avoided the trouble of trapping himself in the cab! For not having a cage, or at least a bar, that dude's kinda slow for attempting something out of his league... didn't even safety strap!

Learn from stuff like this. And thank him for setting an example.

Oh, glad no one got hurt!
Old 08-19-2005, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by 4ROMPER
I don't know about you guys, but I think that whoever chose that line deserved to flip!
I think whoever looks at a few pictures and then decides they know something about the obstacle, the driver, what line to take, etc. is more than a little slow. I don't know about you, guy, but I think a person making such unjustified judgments could be classified as borderline retarded.

Originally Posted by 4romper
For not having a cage, or at least a bar, that dude's kinda slow for attempting something out of his league... didn't even safety strap!
What in the hell would you know about what is or is not out of his league? Oh, that's right... NOTHING. For all you know he could've successfully driven that obstacle before (which, by the way, he had) without the need for a safety strap. Next time, rather than spewing forth your uninformed opinion on something, step away from the keyboard. I can't guarantee anything, but it might help you avoid looking like such an idiot (although I sincerely doubt it).

Apparently you missed it the first time around, so here, please read this: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...0&postcount=57 In particular, note the next to last sentence (the one that starts: "If it makes you feel good to question his decisions...")
Old 08-19-2005, 01:56 AM

Listen Mr. Defense...

I don't care if that kid made it over the obstacle backwards while blindfolded before attempting it again! In wheeling, confidence should never override respect!

Judging from the pictures (which is clearly enough evidence), he was entirely irresponsible about how he took on this impediment. Not only did he demolish his rig (which could have easily been avoided), but he risked his life to ignorance. I've seen too many people die out on the trails because of careless misshaps similar to this one. And as if that is not tragic enough, this kind of ignorance is putting trail availability at risk!

Now, before you add your clever little one-liner, go talk to a few people who know what they're talking about.

Last edited by 4ROMPER; 08-19-2005 at 01:59 AM.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:53 AM
Banned

Listen Mr. Defense...

I don't care if that kid made it over the obstacle backwards while blindfolded before attempting it again! In wheeling, confidence should never override respect!

Judging from the pictures (which is clearly enough evidence), he was entirely irresponsible about how he took on this impediment. Not only did he demolish his rig (which could have easily been avoided), but he risked his life to ignorance. I've seen too many people die out on the trails because of careless misshaps similar to this one. And as if that is not tragic enough, this kind of ignorance is putting trail availability at risk!

Now, before you add your clever little one-liner, go talk to a few people who know what they're talking about.
hey, this isn't the time or the place to bash someone for what you believe are poor driving skills. i'm not saying that i agree or disagree, but THIS IS NOT THE TIME OR PLACE FOR IT.

if you want to bash him, then go to http://www.tacomaterritory.com and start your own thread. leave that stuff off of this one as the originator requested.

Pics of the cab swap. He went from Reg. Cab to Ex Cab...

http://pics.rickbeatty.com/cabswap/priddycabswap01
Old 08-19-2005, 04:01 AM
Contributing Member

Listen Mr. Defense...

Whoa, now before you go bashing anyone, you should know that Synovus was there and that the spotter was an EROC competitor who has driven that obstacle multiple times, yes even in his IFS Tacoma tow rig. You should also know that his line was good and that it is the only line you can take on that obstacle and have a chnace at getting up it in anything less than a buggy.

Last, have you ever been to that obstacle? If not, you have no right to bash his line or anything else. The driver admitted fault b/c he was on the gas too much. I think it is very honest for someone to do such so that the rest of us can learn from his mistake.

Please get the whole story before making any bold or rash comments.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:02 AM

I don't know about you guys, but I think that whoever chose that line deserved to flip! As far as doors, he probably avoided the trouble of trapping himself in the cab! For not having a cage, or at least a bar, that dude's kinda slow for attempting something out of his league... didn't even safety strap!

Learn from stuff like this. And thank him for setting an example.

Oh, glad no one got hurt!
So, some jackass who lives on the other side of the country knows the proper line huh? You can't tell the proper line from looking at that sequence of pictures. No one deserves to flip.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:04 AM

ditto for you dude
Old 08-19-2005, 06:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by init6
ditto for you dude
Old 08-19-2005, 06:23 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by bamachem

Pics of the cab swap. He went from Reg. Cab to Ex Cab...

http://pics.rickbeatty.com/cabswap/priddycabswap01
He didn't waste anytime. Glad to see any wounds heeled and the Taco back on the road
WE all make mistakes. Thanks God he lived and more importantly realized his mistake. Poop happens, live and learn.

Now play nice, boys
Old 08-19-2005, 06:26 AM

Man, give the guys some serious props for posting and living to tell about it. He obviously made an error somewhere or his truck wouldn't have rolled but he is far from an idiot or anything else. He's a yota brother.

I bet money he learns from it, makes the adjustment and wheels even harder next time, but I think the point has been made...get a cage!

But show some respect for those that are in the "know" about what happened.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by FilthyRich
He didn't waste anytime. Glad to see any wounds heeled and the Taco back on the road
WE all make mistakes. Thanks God he lived and more importantly realized his mistake. Poop happens, live and learn.

Now play nice, boys

You are right, it happens. I think all of us in the wheeling community should use this incident to evaluate our safety equipment. We spend a lot of money on truck mods, but often forget about the safety aspect of wheeling.

Quick Reply: Be Careful Wheeling -Tacoma Rollover at Tellico (Pics)