YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics Ask here for electrical, wiring, and lighting info for your rig that could apply to all years

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2013, 03:12 AM   #1
PmB
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Question left blinker, marker light are weird when brakes peddel is pushed

The left blinker light on dash is always on when I put on my brakes the front left marker light lights up. When I use left blinker it blinks on dash but in back both sides blink but only the top light When I put on brakes and left blinker is on it stops blinking on dash. The right side back running light doesnt work at all i changed bulb no difference. All the other lights seem to work fine backup lights, headlights, brake lights.... Can anyone help me out here ? I havent a clue! Sorry, dont know if it matters, but it's a 98 Tacoma, 4x4 V6 limited, TRD, power locks,windows, tow package
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!

Last edited by PmB; 06-09-2013 at 03:18 AM.
PmB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:39 AM   #2
Super Moderator
Staff

Do you have a trailer light conversion box in place? They can cause strange problems.

FSMs (many missing references as of 2014) TSBs
P/N & diagrams (source for OEM parts on east coast)
PNW OEM Parts source - Titus-Will Toyota, Tacoma, WA

Advanced Search
Forum Rules
Know them. Abide by them.

Last edited by rworegon; 06-27-2013 at 05:08 PM.
rworegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:18 PM   #3
PmB
Threadstarter [OP]

There is a place to plug in trailor lights but I dont know about converson box. I have never used it . this problem started when a wire fell down near clutch pedal and I caught my foot on it a couple of times. It turned out the wire was from the alarm . After I caught my foot the econd time I noticed that only the Left front light blinked when I set the alarm the right side quit working but the blinker still worked so I ruled out a burnt bulb. Shortly after that I noticed the blinker light on dash always on. I check all the lights and they were as described previously. I removed the Alarm in hopes that was the problem to no avail. I guess I should take it somewhere where they know about wiring. Thank you for your response.
PmB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #4
Contributing Member

Red face

I have never found a shop that really even liked to work on wiring problems .

commercial vehicles being a whole different thing

it can be quite time consuming and end up costing the customer hours in shop labor and still not fix the problem..

I am thinking you missed part of the alarm harness which is causing the issue.
wyoming9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #5

Somewhere you've broken a ground wire (generally white with black stripe). The current is looping backwards through some bulbs just to get to ground. Most likely in the lamp assembly (as it is out in the corrosion), but in your case its probably in the left kick panel (where you pulled it loose when you stepped on the alarm wire).

As wyoming9 says, if quick visual inspection doesn't turn it up you'll need to spend some time with a schematic and voltmeter. The sort of thing that good shops don't like to do.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
blinker, brake, brakes, lights, tacoma, toyota