YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics Ask here for electrical, wiring, and lighting info for your rig that could apply to all years

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2008, 05:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Darren Johnson Overduemccloud
Send a message via Yahoo to Runner003
99 4runner power antenna broke

Hi all,

(Yes, I did the search) however, couldn't find what i was looking for.

I have a 99 4runner (pride & joy) with a broken Power antenna that is stuck up (much like my last girlfriend) Anyways,

I want to pull the fuse to keep the antenna from making noise everytime I turn on the stereo. Is there a dedicated fuse for this? and, if you have experience getting this fixed via dealership what am I looking at in costs for this.

Thanks much,

Darren
Northridge, CA
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-06-2008, 06:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Contributing Member
Personal Sales Rating: (2)

Not sure on the 3rd gen, but on my 1st gen, no separate fuse. Probably easiest to disconnect the power plug at the antenna motor. ANd typically not that hard to repair yourself:
- http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTri...ent/index.html
Project: 4Crawler
4Crawler OffRoad - YotaTech discount code
Gettin'Off 4WD Club
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-06-2008, 06:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to misterzee
you can get a replacement mast for half of the dealerships price on the "bay"... i have bought several that way successfully...
Usually, unfortunately, a piece of the plastic end is broken in the motor unit, and you have to remove it, disassemle, clean it out, relube, reinstall, then install the new mast. its remotely possible that you can get it all out from the top... then all you do is turn your radio ON, so the mast is pushed up, and slip the end piece down in there and position everything just so, turn the radio off, and it sucks everythign back down inside, and you're 'installed', just tighten the little ring and you're done. BUT you have to be sure any fragments of plastic are out of the lower unit....
Old 07-06-2008, 07:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

You can unplug it from the motor if you move the plastic from the wheelwell under the antenna motor.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

Darren Johnson Overduemccloud
Send a message via Yahoo to Runner003
Thanks soo much guys, I'm just going to get the under "carage" of the fender off and pull the plug.

I was just hoping to be lazy - like just humming to work so I don't hear the gnaw of the antenna motor going for 30 seconds. LOL

You guys rock.

D-
Old 07-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Contributing Member

elton hostler
Send a message via AIM to Elton Send a message via MSN to Elton
remove the stereo now look for a little plastic box wont be hard to spot it says antenna relay unplug that and your done
97 honda civic lx 4dr ls vtec
Old 07-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2002, 4runner, 98, antena, antenna, broke, continues, disconnect, limited, motor, power, relay, replacement, time, toyota