Notices
Maintenance & Repair Care and feeding of your rig

solution to brake light Ebrake lamp !

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
solution to brake light Ebrake lamp !

trythis:
When you have refilled your master cylinder, replaced or checked out your e brake switch under the dash and you brake light just stays on, I have a solution to prevent having to buy a new reservoir sensor cap for $100 plus by cleaning it out.
If the float makes a little click and the brake! light dims and brightens when you are doing this you have fluid in the float switch.

Gouge out the resin around the wire under the rubber cap. ( you have to pull the rubber cap off the white plastic.

Gently pull the magnetic switch and resistor out and clean out the stem of the float.

Test the float on the vehicle out of the brake reservoir so you don't get it all wet again.

It will probably work, and if it does you need some sort of brake fluid resistant goo to seal the top of the stem with. (I chose CRC brake quiet used for brake pad silencing in a red glue bottle. I hope it works. It dries like silicone and has ethylene glycol in it , which may or may not be brake fluid safe...)

Shove the sensor back into the stem, add your goo, and reassemble.

If the goo has acetic acid (silicone that is not made for aquariums always does.), it might eat the tiny little circuit board (if you want to call the phenolic oval that the sensor uses to hold the parts in place with a circuit board.

Sorry no pictures.