Appearance Appearance, interior enhancements

Wet Okole Seat Covers - 2nd Gen 4Runner

Old 01-07-2006, 09:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

By Corey

Front seats
I have eyed the Wet Okole seat covers for quite some time, and after seeing them on a few more 4Runners online, I broke down and ordered a set for the fronts. It was recommended to me to order them direct from the manufacturer as you eliminate the middle man that way, and can get them customized much quicker than going through a 2nd party.

From the time you place your call, it takes close to 3 weeks to get them delivered to your door step, but it is worth the wait. When the man or woman in the brown suit showed up at my door, both times I opened the box right away and dug in to the installation.

The reason I bought these covers was I like to play around the water during the summer, and I get tied of putting down towels in my rig to protect the cloth seats from wet tush's. The Wet Okole's are a layer of nylon, a layer of neoprene, and another layer of nylon and with padding in them too. They will keep your seat dry, and protect them very good. They feel good too since they have a little padding in them. I also choose to pay a little extra and have the name "SR5" put on the seats.

I choose to take my front seats out as it is much easier to put the covers on. There are only 4 bolts sized at 14 mm to take out and your seats will slip right out with no hassle. While my seats were out in the front, it was a good opportunity to vacuum all of the crud that has collected there over the years.

Below are some pictures of the installation.

Notice how that there are straps that go underneath the covers to hold them securely to the seats. These covers fit like a glove. You do end up loosing the nice pockets on that back of the front seats, but I have since added one of those accessories that straps to the back of the seat to hold stuff in. It has lots of pockets and is a nice alternative to the Toyota pockets.

Rear seats

As soon as the front seats came and I had them in, I knew right away that I would want the rear covers. So a few days later I made the toll free call once again to Wet Okole and ordered up the rear set. These also took close to 3 weeks before I got them. They are all custom made for each vehicle to secure a professional looking installation.

The rear seat covers were much easier to put on than the fronts. First I put on the bottoms ones and they were real easy. For the rears you must remove the carpet that is on your seat back. I have two amplifiers on the back of me seats, but it was not a problem. You just have to pop out the plastic snaps that hold the carpet to the seat back and fold the carpet back.

You then slip on the covers over the top of the seats just like you would put on a shirt over your head. Once on, you put the carpet back on. You do have to poke little holes in the covers. That is for the plastic snaps to go through so they are secured again to the back of your seats.

The cover were not at all hard to put on, and having the rear set now made the truck look complete inside. You also get head rests that match in the same material.

Below are some pictures of the installation.

If you want to protect your seats to keep them looking nice, these are the right choice. You can take them off when you sell your vehicle, and your stock seats will look all the better for trade in or selling time.

Added some full size pics (August 21st, 2002):

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5
Picture 6

Last edited by Bob_98SR5; 01-07-2006 at 10:18 PM.