Alarm Systems Discussion related to installation, diagnostics, and purchasing of alarm systems

warning alarm goes off all the time

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
warning alarm goes off all the time

mabey i should go down to the alarm installation shop to ask this first but thought i would try this thread. I have a prestige alarm installed in my yota for 3 years now. for the last year or so if i let my truck sit for a day or drive it with stereo bumping and playing real loud then park it over nite with it armed the warning alarm (4 rapid beeps) will sound about every 4 hours. Is this due to a slow drain on the battery or what the heck would cause this. any ideas. Thanks guys
Old 05-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Contributing Member

Location: Houston (home), Atlanta (school), Cincinnati (work)
it could be a straight malfunction, but it could also be the sensitivity settings. my roommates alarm goes off if a ricer drives by too fast or if it thunders. there should be a little dial on the CPU for the alarm to adjust shock sensor sensitivity
Old 05-14-2007, 03:59 PM

it dosent seem to be a sensitivity issue, i have been outside when its done it and nothing at all has been around no vibrations a all. my opinion is it isnt sensitive enough. my friends took my quad out of my truck in the movies parking lot and hid around the corner to see my facial expression. without setting alarm off or even warning alarm. that was funny after i realized what the hell happened
Old 05-17-2007, 09:22 PM

I'd guess that it was a straight malfunction. In fact, it sounds a lot like what I went through about a year ago.

I also had a prestige alarm - only on a Civic. It worked fine for about 2 - 3 years, acting normal. However, one day things started getting funny - it would randomly go off without anything being nearby. You could park it in an underground garage, alone in a corner and it would start blaring on it's incentive. It wasn't as strict as yours - nothing like every four hours...it just would, periodically, without any kind of logical schedule.

One day my aunt came back to find that someone managed to open the hood, disconnect the battery, and left a sign " fix your alarm. " They were nice enough not to take anything, but, poor people, it was probably going off for hours in the dead of night.

Wound up yanking the alarm module out and throwing it away. Since then, no alarm.