YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2006, 12:09 PM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

transmission flushing your toyota

The mechanic
for all of you that have been frusterated with the time it takes to flush your transmission;

Cause the transmission has a thermostat to control oil flow to your trans cooler, when cold oil is introduced to your transmission the flow is severley restricted causing flush times to take approx 1 1/2 hrs for toyotas.

Solution Try heating oil to 80 to 90 degrees F
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
the mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:49 PM   #2

What????

Spam - I Hate Spam.

Go Back Home
celica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 03:04 PM   #3
Contributing Member

I'm really confused. Was the purpose to educate folks on the board? What is your background sir?

Transmissions are not my area of expertise at all, but I've never heard of a transmission having a stat. If it did, you'd have to have a bypass valve so the pump wouldn't pump through the lines and cooler. Also, when it did open you'd be releasing all that cold oil into the transmission all at once. You could have a temp sensor and a variable actuator I suppose. Still, all of this extra crap seems pointless.

Heating up your oil to operating temp has more to do with expansion and getting all the sludge and gunk moving around, so when you do change your fluid (whatever the fluid may be) that you end up with a more complete flush.

They do sell aftermarket add on temp regulators, I know, but I've never know one to be designed into a transmission. Aftermarket ones are made for high performance applications... like if you lived in the North Pole.

This post seems to be coming out of left field.
wrenchmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 05:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenchmonster
I'm really confused. Was the purpose to educate folks on the board? What is your background sir?

Transmissions are not my area of expertise at all, but I've never heard of a transmission having a stat. If it did, you'd have to have a bypass valve so the pump wouldn't pump through the lines and cooler. Also, when it did open you'd be releasing all that cold oil into the transmission all at once. You could have a temp sensor and a variable actuator I suppose. Still, all of this extra crap seems pointless.

Heating up your oil to operating temp has more to do with expansion and getting all the sludge and gunk moving around, so when you do change your fluid (whatever the fluid may be) that you end up with a more complete flush.

They do sell aftermarket add on temp regulators, I know, but I've never know one to be designed into a transmission. Aftermarket ones are made for high performance applications... like if you lived in the North Pole.

This post seems to be coming out of left field.
X2
TJM T15 Front Bumper & Warn M8000, 4xInnovation sliders, Sonoran Steel 1.2 Lift, Toytec LCA Skids, Tundra Brake Upgrade (231mm), Extended rear diff breather, Deckplate Mod, Andymod, Dual batt setup with Optima blue top aux battery, Hardwired 1000W inverter, Aux fuse box, Full time power to 12V plugs, Yaesu FT7800R Radio, "4-air" system for airing up/down tires.

2007 FJ Cruiser - stock
GSGALLANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1992, 1995, 2003, 2005, 4runner, celica, fluid, flush, flushing, gt, sequoia, toyota, transmision, transmission, transmissions