General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Some Photo Shop Assistance Needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some Photo Shop Assistance Needed

Obviously I know photo shop isn't fun or quick. I just got my truck back from paint and I'm moving on to lift/wheel/fender's next. I'm trying to get a few images of my truck shopped so I know what I'm dealing with. Whoever would be willing to shop these and post them back here will receive compensation if needed. I'll buy you a couple of lunches or something. I'm posting a few photo's and I'll label what each are along with what I need shopped for the reposted ones.

4runner one, this is another members truck but identical to mine minus the chrome fender trim and the chrome wheels.

4runner 2, this is my truck if the fenders were still on it with no running boards. Notice I'm missing the front mud flap as is this one.

Rover with a wheels setup I liked, trust me I do not like or want a Rover. Been down that road and owning one of those requires the same type of guy that would enjoy dating a girl on a 365 period.

So here is what I need:
Photo 1
I need 4runner 1 with chrome fenders removed and the Cragar soft 8 wheels photo shopped in.

I need 4runner 1 with chrome fenders removed and a set of flat black with metal lug nuts shopped in as pictured on the Rover in photo 3.

I need 4runner 1 with chrome fenders left off and the current chrome wheels left on it.

Once we get these done and I decide on wheels I'd like to ask you to shop my fenders and possibly running boards back on.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help and lunch is on me! Mods if this is in the wrong section please direct me to the correct one. I simply didn't see one that seemed better for it.

Last edited by jacumja; 09-21-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
have you seen this thread:

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f123...eviews-238804/

Jayson has been helping people with PShop for a little while, but recently indicated he's busy with school. But he's already helped a bunch of us and if anyone deserves a couple free lunches, it's him. maybe he can help you. if not, i'll take a stab at it tomorrow, no lunch necessary, but i'll be working in MS Paint.

meanwhile, have you seen these? i google image searched 4runner soft 8s:

at page: http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-ge...ggestions.html

at page: http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-ge...-pictures.html

at page: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/wh...-jeep-1072792/

Last edited by tj884Rdlx; 09-21-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry, but no help on the photoshop, but i cant believe someone else in this world likes the wheel type that the rover has. i bought some a while back i plan on puttin on my trail rig and painting the desert tan. always been a fan of factory spare-tire steelies
Old 09-22-2011, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by jacumja

4runner one, this is another members truck but identical to mine minus the chrome fender trim and the chrome wheels.

So here is what I need:
Photo 1
I need 4runner 1 with chrome fenders removed and the Cragar soft 8 wheels photo shopped in.

I need 4runner 1 with chrome fenders removed and a set of flat black with metal lug nuts shopped in as pictured on the Rover in photo 3.

I need 4runner 1 with chrome fenders left off and the current chrome wheels left on it.

Once we get these done and I decide on wheels I'd like to ask you to shop my fenders and possibly running boards back on.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help and lunch is on me! Mods if this is in the wrong section please direct me to the correct one. I simply didn't see one that seemed better for it.
here's your 4runner 1 with the chrome arches removed.

here's same truck with 15" soft 8s and MTs.

here's the same truck with some flat black 17" with chrome lugs.

hope this helps!
Old 09-22-2011, 09:04 PM

Thanks a million Tj. It's definetly between the chrome and black. I just don't know how I feel about the chrome fender trim. I feel like I need some sort of fender trim to keep the paint from getting destroyed. I stlill have my running boards and black (sun faded black) fenders. I wonder if Bushwacker makes anthing for these that blends with the bumpers?
Old 09-23-2011, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by jacumja
Thanks a million Tj. It's definetly between the chrome and black. I just don't know how I feel about the chrome fender trim. I feel like I need some sort of fender trim to keep the paint from getting destroyed. I stlill have my running boards and black (sun faded black) fenders. I wonder if Bushwacker makes anthing for these that blends with the bumpers?
no problem!

if you're keeping the chrome bumpers, then you could certainly keep the chrome wheels. sorta like shoes matching your belt.

i removed my chrome fender trims too, because they had a couple dings and basically just retain dirt which retains moisture which promotes rust if you don't get it all rinsed out.

if you really want them on there, but don't want the chrome arches over the wheel wells, you could remove them and have 'em powder coated black.

if you already have the fatter black plastic flares, but don't like that they've faded, you could have them color matched to the body, and put those back on.

or you could also try cleaning them with solvent to remove any wax build up, and use the stuff that restores black auto trim.

i personally don't like flares to extend out beyond the edge of the tires. but that's where the protection comes from, so it's a compromise if you want it or law demands it.

take another look at that 3rd pic i posted a link to, hosted on a heepforum. see how he's got the dark wheels but the dark bumpers to go with it? he's also got the black plastic fender arches. compare that to the black one two pics above it, with the arches painted to match. i think the painted looks better.

chrome trim, or black trim; but not a combination of both. body color matched trim could go with either though.

do some google image searching for 4runners. search '4runner" with other words like names of popular wheels, to generate more side view pics of people showing off their new wheels. or go to cardomain and search 4runner, that site links to many photo galleries.

there's so many 4runners out there, if you look long enough you should be able to find pictures of every possibility you're imagining. good luck!
Old 09-24-2011, 09:58 AM

Yeah I see what you mean if you don't mind can we try putting my fenders back on and playing with that? I have the fenders and running boards as shown here

Or these if I finish them off where the running boards joined them with the mud flaps.

Could you add these to the black and chrome wheels you did for me, I appreciate it.
Maybe the black fenders with black wheels in the 2nd pic and chrome or metal lugs instead of black to match my bumpers wont look bad?