YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2006, 07:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Contributing Member
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Seafoam in the gas tank only - benefits/thoughts?

I have not done the Seafoam treatment for the engine or injectors and don't plan on doing so. I just did the BG44 flush and will continue to do so annually.

My question is what have been the benefits of using Seafoam in the gas tank for those that do this regularly? I know people have tried it in the injectors, crank case and gas tank but I haven't read about only doing it in the gas tank.

I just put in half a can with half a tank of gas left last week, and am ready to put the other half of the Seafoam can into the tank. I have noticed no difference but I'm hoping that it does its thing whether I notice it or not. End of the day, what is the benefit of putting Seafoam in the gas tank?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!

1999 SR5 4unner
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-14-2006, 05:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Contributing Member

Since you have access to BG products, I recommend BG 44K.
It has always done a good job for me.

BTW, I got the Donahoes installed and they kick ass!!!

**edit**
The only way to really clean the injectors w/ Seafoam is to put it in the tank.
By putting it in through a vacuum source you are only cleaning the back side of the valves and the intake plenum.

http://www.yotatech.com/f79/terryjma...rofile-103826/
TLCA # 17870

Last edited by terryjmatthew; 01-14-2006 at 05:38 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-14-2006, 05:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Contributing Member

Send a message via AIM to superjoe83
from my experience it will do little to nothing to clean your injectors if you use it in the gas tank, i used 3 cans at once trying to clean my injectors in the 4runner, no change, i soon thereafter took them out and sent them to a place that cleans them professionally, on the performance report it said that 1 had OK flow and spray pattern but the 3 others were unsatisfactory, but thats just my experience, take it with a grain of salt
1984 SR5 4runner, 22re, 5-speed, chevy 63"s, rears up front custom pack, BBCS shocks, 2" BL, 5.29's, welded rear, Detroit in front, Longfields, IFS Rear, 39.5x13.50x15 IROK's, Marlin's High Steer, MC07 with stock cases, Marlin's cross member, tube bumper, Warn XD9000, Allied Beadlocks
1999 Taco 2.7 5-speed, LCE Header, Jardine 2.25 Cat-Back, 3" Downey Coilover, 33x13.5 Toyo MT's, ARB Bull Bar, Retrofitted Acura TL HID Projectors with 50W ballasts and 50W DL50 Philips 3900k bulbs
Old 01-14-2006, 05:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Contributing Member

This is coming from a guy who trashed his front axle on dry pavement...

http://www.yotatech.com/f79/terryjma...rofile-103826/
TLCA # 17870
Old 01-15-2006, 04:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

seafoam

i use it just before every oil change, and on long trips( over the summer went to maine about 300 mi. w/ the family all our gear the dog and 4 bikes and filled up when we got there) and i average about 270 mi. until the empty lite comes on, alone comuting. but follow the directions it says w/ about a 1/4 or a tank use a whole can and then fill.

my 2cents

Woody
Old 01-15-2006, 05:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Contributing Member

I ran a can of BGs 44K through my Eclipse's tank once a year over 8 seasons of drag racing and it did the job fine and kept things quite clean and it was easy to do. The Seafoam job might be good on a motor that never used any fuel treatments but I'd just do it once for peace of mind on a used vehicle but then just use the 44K once a year.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Sponsoring Member
Vendor Sales Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebelen1
My question is what have been the benefits of using Seafoam in the gas tank for those that do this regularly?
It becomes preventative medicine, kinda' like making sure there's enough fiber in your diet - but sometimes you need an ExLax.
'96 4Runner Limited S/C MI - 370cc injectors, Air! horns, Airaid MIT, ATS A-arms, 285/75/R16 BFG MTs, Bored TB, Brembo slotted, Cobra 75 WXST, Deckplate, Downey headers, Hayden cooler, IPT valve body, Level 10 torque convertor, Meanstreak exhaust, OME/OME rears, On-board PC (XM, Nav, WiFi, etc), Port 'n Polish, Remote Start, SAW fronts, Hilux console, SMT-5, Stubb's sliders, Supra MAF, TJM-17, 2.0" pulley, Viair 450c, Walbro 190, Weasy2k cams
Old 01-15-2006, 11:33 AM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
adding, benefit, foam, gas, gasoline, gastank, instructions, premium, rusty, saefoam, sea, seafoam, soafoam, tank, treatment