General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Opinions about additive test

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 07:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Opinions about additive test

I want your opinions of an additive test I have seen for a product by excelplus called "lubrilon". It's the formula that used to be Slick-50 before an oil giant purchased the name & changed the formula to a PTFE base.

I used the old formula Slick-50 before the change & a buddy of mine had a case of the old formula Lubrilon that I used before. I used it in engines & I even lubed my rifles with it. After I applied a treatment of the Lubrilon to my rifles I never had to oil them again; simply wipe them down.

Here is the test page I am refering to:

http://www.xcelplus.com.au/docs/army.htm

Read the page & post your opinion of the testing, do you believe it?

Discuss please.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm,still a little iffy and with synthetic protection taking many 4Runners past the 250k mark how much better is that stuff going to really make a diff. I'd like to see real testing in the real world with everyday vehicles and not controlled testing.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have to agree with x-awdriver they can pretty much show what ever they want in a controlled test to make you belive its the greatest thing in the world. Remember they are trying to sell something to the general public and recoup the money they spent testing and to buy the rights to this product. The way to recoup the money is to sell it anyway possible and tell half truths to back up there fideings in a controlled setting. I would wait to see what happens in the real world daily driveing of the public for a year or so to see if they can douplacate they finding in real world settings. Just my .02s

p.s. the goverment did pull slick 50 for false advertising and they got a hel* of a class action suit that they lost and thats why slick 50 was missing for so long from parts stores.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by olharleyman
I would wait to see what happens in the real world daily driveing of the public for a year or so to see if they can douplacate they finding in real world settings. Just my .02s

p.s. the goverment did pull slick 50 for false advertising and they got a hel* of a class action suit that they lost and thats why slick 50 was missing for so long from parts stores.
Different stuff brother; the Slick50 formula the govt. stopped from making false claims is the PTFE (teflon) formula made by Quaker State corp. Totally different product, company, formula & the original (Lubrilon made by excelplus) that this test is about was specifically exempted from that court case. Apparently they can prove their additive works.

This formula the link pertains to has been around since the 70's. I've used the original Lubrilon in several vehicles & it worked great. I'm just curious about opinions on the testing, it's results & what people here think about the process in general.