YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2008, 08:43 AM   #21
Personal Sales Rating: (0)
Threadstarter [OP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGALLANT View Post
I haven't gotten wheel bearings from them, but I've purchased different bearings from the differential and they were KOYO.

As far as how to find them, for front wheel bearings, check the following path in the drill down of the mechanical catalog "Front Suspension - Suspension Components - Front Wheel Bearing". For rear wheel bearings, check the following path in the drill down of the mechanical catalog "Universals & Rear Axle - Rear Axle - Axle Bearings".

If there's something that you can't find on their website, you can always call or email them and they are more than happy to help you out.
Good luck.
Yeah I found the axle bearings, engine bearings etc just fine before, it's only the front wheel bearings I can't find. I might call them if DTB can't get the bearings for one reason or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtoyboy View Post
..chances are your "japanese" toyota is not made from "japanese" steel......most of their raw steel on the island was used up during WWI....they still process their steel IN japan but get the raw materials from other countries...

at least thats what I was TOLD...not sure if its completely true
Yup, & that main "other country" is the U.S. scrap industry from what I've heard/read; except from 1939ish to around 1945ish for obvious reasons.

This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
'95 4Runner 3.0 Automatic;Ball joint spacers,OME shocks & steering stabilizer,Performance Products 1" progressive,ARB locked front & rear,Sonoran Steel IFS truss,idler arm truss with bronze bushings & the infamous quick CV change mod (ground off splines)
Brenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:34 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenjen View Post
Yeah I found the axle bearings, engine bearings etc just fine before, it's only the front wheel bearings I can't find. I might call them if DTB can't get the bearings for one reason or another.
OK... well if you re-read my post above and go check the website out, I showed you exactly where to go to find the front wheel bearings. Both the inner and outer bearings are there.
TJM T15 Front Bumper & Warn M8000, 4xInnovation sliders, Sonoran Steel 1.2 Lift, Toytec LCA Skids, Tundra Brake Upgrade (231mm), Extended rear diff breather, Deckplate Mod, Andymod, Dual batt setup with Optima blue top aux battery, Hardwired 1000W inverter, Aux fuse box, Full time power to 12V plugs, Yaesu FT7800R Radio, "4-air" system for airing up/down tires.

2007 FJ Cruiser - stock
GSGALLANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 03:45 PM   #23
Threadstarter [OP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGALLANT View Post
OK... well if you re-read my post above and go check the website out, I showed you exactly where to go to find the front wheel bearings. Both the inner and outer bearings are there.
I did go back & re-read the post & you are absolutely correct, I missed it (several times) It was the "front" part that was throwing me, I was going down to "wheel" & seeing the seal & "bearing" at the top was for Land Cruisers.

After I opened two pages & looked word for word in your post I found them. You're a benefit & a gentleman! Thanks; I owe you one!
'95 4Runner 3.0 Automatic;Ball joint spacers,OME shocks & steering stabilizer,Performance Products 1" progressive,ARB locked front & rear,Sonoran Steel IFS truss,idler arm truss with bronze bushings & the infamous quick CV change mod (ground off splines)
Old 03-06-2008, 05:47 AM   #24
Threadstarter [OP]

(even though all the listings are for 2WD 4Runners....do the 2WD & 4WD 4Runners use the same bearings???) If they do, that's a new one on me.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:36 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenjen View Post
(even though all the listings are for 2WD 4Runners....do the 2WD & 4WD 4Runners use the same bearings???) If they do, that's a new one on me.
Good point, and good question. I can't check here from work, but I can check my parts list when I get home if I don't forget... unless somebody else can provide the answer here before then.
TJM T15 Front Bumper & Warn M8000, 4xInnovation sliders, Sonoran Steel 1.2 Lift, Toytec LCA Skids, Tundra Brake Upgrade (231mm), Extended rear diff breather, Deckplate Mod, Andymod, Dual batt setup with Optima blue top aux battery, Hardwired 1000W inverter, Aux fuse box, Full time power to 12V plugs, Yaesu FT7800R Radio, "4-air" system for airing up/down tires.

2007 FJ Cruiser - stock
Old 03-06-2008, 08:13 AM   #26

My Toyota dealer said they have the bearings but they cannot guarantee what you get....its whatever they have in stock.... Koyo, NTN or Timken...this probably doesnt help much lol

Locked, lifted, trussed, SASsed, triangulated, dual cased, shaved, armored, gusseted, hydro'd, blacked out, crapped out, mashed up, merderrrrrd out and ready to hit the mall!

It's a Jaap thing....You wouldnt understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampThing View Post
Oh, after a consult with Mr. Anheuser, I think I beer-stormed a way to test the gears
dirtoyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:30 AM   #27
Threadstarter [OP]

I'm thinking of laying out for these: KOYO BEARINGS Just not sure I trust 'em; sounds too good to be true at that price for all four.

Edit: Well I ordered a set. Can't beat that price for all four bearings! I'll post up when they arrive to let anyone else interested in buying a set of these if the seller is straight up or not.

Last edited by Brenjen; 03-06-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:17 PM   #28

Wow... real good deal if you get what they say you'll get. Anyways, I did check and both 4WD and 2WD 93-95 4Runners (and many more, I'm sure) take the same bearings:

Inner (LH & RH):90080-36064
Outer (LH & RH): 90080-36067

The Toyota parts catalog says they use Timken for front bearings (I can't remember what's in my '93 for front bearings, but I know the rears were KOYO). I'm sure it's like dirtoyboy said... whatever the particular dealership is stocking at the time. I'm sure the KOYO's you are getting will be fine as long as they fit.

2007 FJ Cruiser - stock
Old 03-06-2008, 03:57 PM   #29
Threadstarter [OP]

Thanks for the help; the numbers may help someone in the future in a search!
Old 03-12-2008, 11:28 AM   #30
Threadstarter [OP]

Well, the e-Bay Koyo bearings came in today & they are indeed Koyo brand. $75.99 was a hard price to beat for all four bearings & races & that was pretty fast shipping for a west coast e-Bayer; now I just hope they are the correct ones. Part number changes & revisions always leave me scratching my head & I obviously know nothing about the part numbers I needed for this Toyota; I hope this isn't one of those head scratching times. We'll see in a couple days Lord willing & the river don't rise.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
33, 9008036064, 9008036067, bearings, china, gri, ifs, koyo, made, parts, raw, sonoran, steel, toyota, truck, truss