A/C Condenser Drain TUbe? - YotaTech Forums


Go Back   > >


General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

A/C Condenser Drain TUbe?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2008, 04:50 PM   #1
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 21
A/C Condenser Drain TUbe?

I have found that when i lift up my rubber floor mat on my driver side of my 1998 4runner there is water under the floor mat. I'm not to sure what is casing this but i think it might be my A/C condenser drain tube is clogged up. Can anyone tell me if this could possibly be the problem? Cause if there is no way that this could be the problem then there is no sense in me checking the tube. If it is possible that this could be the problem, can someone tell me how to find the drain tube and how to check if it is clogged and how to un-clogg it. When i run my A/C there is water that drips under my truck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
hayn4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 06:55 PM   #2
Contributing Member
 
bigtrucknwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Where it always works if you work it, in Sunny Selinsgrove, PA
Posts: 2,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayn4x4 View Post
I have found that when i lift up my rubber floor mat on my driver side of my 1998 4runner there is water under the floor mat. I'm not to sure what is casing this but i think it might be my A/C condenser drain tube is clogged up. Can anyone tell me if this could possibly be the problem? Cause if there is no way that this could be the problem then there is no sense in me checking the tube. If it is possible that this could be the problem, can someone tell me how to find the drain tube and how to check if it is clogged and how to un-clogg it. When i run my A/C there is water that drips under my truck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
it is more than likely your condensation drain tube. I had the same problem, though I don't know where yours is on your truck.
bigtrucknwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:31 AM   #3
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtrucknwheels View Post
it is more than likely your condensation drain tube. I had the same problem, though I don't know where yours is on your truck.
Thanks man. Can anyone tell me where i can find the condensation drain tube?
hayn4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:44 AM   #4
Contributing Member
 
bigtrucknwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Where it always works if you work it, in Sunny Selinsgrove, PA
Posts: 2,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayn4x4 View Post
Thanks man. Can anyone tell me where i can find the condensation drain tube?
mine was on the passenger side of my firewall. and it was clogged, so every time I went around a corner, water would pour out on my floor haha.
bigtrucknwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:26 AM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TN/KY.
Posts: 388
look on the passenger side in the engine bay near the frame and you should see the drain tube, you can then just pull it out and clean it, pop it back in and look inside to make sure it went back over the evaporator drain. Mine is a 91 so your year may vary.
91diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4Runner Owners with converted ACs opinions wanted coryc85 86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 27 12-05-2015 08:42 AM
High idle with the A/C off Ktm526 84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2 10-07-2015 05:14 AM
Has anyone ever run a % of E85 to help pass emissions in an older vehicle? Boomer8404 General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) 4 09-17-2015 07:59 AM
Weird idle up Tacoma1313 95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 5 09-08-2015 01:27 PM
Steering rack tubes dguzzi 99+ Tundra, 00+ Sequoia, 98+ Land Cruiser/LX470 0 09-03-2015 08:48 AM


Tags
2004, ac, camry, clog, condensation, condenser, drain, evaporator, hose, location, pickup, pipe, toyota, truck, tube

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:00 PM.


2010 InternetBrands, Inc.