YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

A/C Condenser Drain TUbe?

I have found that when i lift up my rubber floor mat on my driver side of my 1998 4runner there is water under the floor mat. I'm not to sure what is casing this but i think it might be my A/C condenser drain tube is clogged up. Can anyone tell me if this could possibly be the problem? Cause if there is no way that this could be the problem then there is no sense in me checking the tube. If it is possible that this could be the problem, can someone tell me how to find the drain tube and how to check if it is clogged and how to un-clogg it. When i run my A/C there is water that drips under my truck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
hayn4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:55 PM   #2
Contributing Member

Location: Where it always works if you work it, in Sunny Selinsgrove, PA
Send a message via AIM to bigtrucknwheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayn4x4 View Post
I have found that when i lift up my rubber floor mat on my driver side of my 1998 4runner there is water under the floor mat. I'm not to sure what is casing this but i think it might be my A/C condenser drain tube is clogged up. Can anyone tell me if this could possibly be the problem? Cause if there is no way that this could be the problem then there is no sense in me checking the tube. If it is possible that this could be the problem, can someone tell me how to find the drain tube and how to check if it is clogged and how to un-clogg it. When i run my A/C there is water that drips under my truck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
it is more than likely your condensation drain tube. I had the same problem, though I don't know where yours is on your truck.

'90 Pickup Std. Cab DLX. 4wd/I6/5spd. 3" BL and Tundra 17's. 7M-GE swap in progress

'84 Goldwing Aspencade GL1200. The only kind of Honda that is acceptable to own ;)

Previous Vehicles
'03 Camry LE : '97 4Runner SR5 (5 Spd/E-locked) : '87 Corolla SR5 (RWD) : '87 MR2 (BEAST :D) : '90 4Runner (4WD) : '90 Xtra Cab P/U (4WD) : '90 Std Cab P/U (4WD) : '81 Honda CX500 (Motorcycle)
bigtrucknwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtrucknwheels View Post
it is more than likely your condensation drain tube. I had the same problem, though I don't know where yours is on your truck.
Thanks man. Can anyone tell me where i can find the condensation drain tube?
hayn4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:44 AM   #4
Contributing Member

Location: Where it always works if you work it, in Sunny Selinsgrove, PA
Send a message via AIM to bigtrucknwheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayn4x4 View Post
Thanks man. Can anyone tell me where i can find the condensation drain tube?
mine was on the passenger side of my firewall. and it was clogged, so every time I went around a corner, water would pour out on my floor haha.

'90 Pickup Std. Cab DLX. 4wd/I6/5spd. 3" BL and Tundra 17's. 7M-GE swap in progress

'84 Goldwing Aspencade GL1200. The only kind of Honda that is acceptable to own ;)

Previous Vehicles
'03 Camry LE : '97 4Runner SR5 (5 Spd/E-locked) : '87 Corolla SR5 (RWD) : '87 MR2 (BEAST :D) : '90 4Runner (4WD) : '90 Xtra Cab P/U (4WD) : '90 Std Cab P/U (4WD) : '81 Honda CX500 (Motorcycle)
bigtrucknwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:26 AM   #5

look on the passenger side in the engine bay near the frame and you should see the drain tube, you can then just pull it out and clean it, pop it back in and look inside to make sure it went back over the evaporator drain. Mine is a 91 so your year may vary.
91diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:26 AM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2004, ac, camry, clog, condensation, condenser, drain, evaporator, hose, location, pickup, pipe, toyota, truck, tube