YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-08-2011, 03:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Best roll-on bedliner?

I plan on bed-lining my 4runner's cargo area at some point this winter, so I might as well start asking questions now. There are so many kits out there, and I don't think there's a head-to-head comparison. I'll be rolling it on; what type would you guys recommend?
I've looked closely at Herculiner and Raptor Liner. Accounting for UV protection, both are about the same price, but Raptor might not be able to be rolled on. It also might get slightly better reviews. However, I know there are lots more kits out there, I could very well be overlooking a good one. I'm very open to suggestions. Thanks!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
-3rd gen SR5 alloys -Full custom stereo -Kenwood HAM radio with Midland 2m antenna -KC daylighter knock-offs on chrome push bar -Flowmaster 40 2.25" cat-back exhaust -V6 master cylinder and booster -Sky 1" body lift -Trail Gear sliders -Home built rear bumper with tire carrier -Pro Comp ES3000's -ZUK mod with TJ springs -SR5 gauge cluster -1600 watt hardwired inverter -custom interior panels -Grizzly Grip bedliner in the bed - Trail Gear rear discs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Al's liner is UV immune and affordable... you should try theirs.

Garage Queen - 2004 Roush Mustang
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Teuf
I second that.

1988 Toy pu 4x, 22re, 5:29 gears font and rear, BFG 33/10.50/15 AT'S, American racing 15/8's rims, Downey Header, Borla Exhaust, Centerforce dual friction clutch, Magnaflow Cat, Schneider Cam, Spectre open cone air filter, 3" TG SAS, 3" NWOR Rear leafs and 6" shackles/added leafs. 12 / 10 " Bilsteins, SR5 Bucket Seats, Transfer case E brake. Lce head installed 5/09, Rotella t6 5/40 Syn / Toyota filter - 90915-YZZG3. / USMC /
Old 10-18-2011, 06:38 AM   #4 (permalink)

I tried the rustoleum bed liner. it isn't as rough as i would like but it goes on thick so im not complaining.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

Dupli Color Bed Armor is great. I have it on my rocker panels and tailgate, still got to do bed. Its great stuff
1986 Yota Pickup 4x4-4" shackle lift rear, 2.5" Torision lift front running 31x10.5R15. Chrome Rollbar and side steps. Acell 7mm Plug wires, K&N Air Filter, modified exhaust.Rebuild Thread dsal_86Yota build/rebuild 1986 Yota 4x4 Pickup
1986 4 Runner*SOLD*
WHEEL IT, BREAK IT, FIX IT, REPEAT!!
Old 10-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

for a DIY roll-on (or spray-on) bed liner, I've been considering the UPol Raptor myself...
Old 10-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

Thanks to everyone who weighed in. I'm a little disappointed there's no consensus, though. It's almost like the infamous "what oil do you use?" question. Are most DIY bedliner kits basically created equal?

I'm also considering Grizzly Liner. Their website seems more up front with issues you may encounter and less like they're trying to sell me snake oil. Any thoughts?
-3rd gen SR5 alloys -Full custom stereo -Kenwood HAM radio with Midland 2m antenna -KC daylighter knock-offs on chrome push bar -Flowmaster 40 2.25" cat-back exhaust -V6 master cylinder and booster -Sky 1" body lift -Trail Gear sliders -Home built rear bumper with tire carrier -Pro Comp ES3000's -ZUK mod with TJ springs -SR5 gauge cluster -1600 watt hardwired inverter -custom interior panels -Grizzly Grip bedliner in the bed - Trail Gear rear discs
Old 10-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Contributing Member

Here's a link to a thread from a fella who used Monstaliner and liked it a lot: http://www.yotatech.com/f105/monstal...-liner-232314/

Good luck to you.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

There's Herculiner on the sides of my 4runner, serves it's purpose well for me. Just protect your hootus when applying!

1988 Pathfinder 3.0/5 speed, 3+3 lift, other stuff, 32s, 190k miles
Old 10-23-2011, 06:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

nayterobertson nayterobertson
The bedliner you get at Walmart is pretty reasonable for the price. I just bought a galllon for 45 bucks. the only thing which i am sure is the same with all of them is you have to mix it really well and it takes a few coats to get it thick.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:16 PM   #11 (permalink)

My son just bought a 85 hilux 4x4( build thread ????) Anyways he bought Herculiner and did the floors and bed. I'm impressed with the quality of the stuff and how easy it went on. He bought a small roller kit and went to it.

Jeeps Are For Boys Who Don't Have Toys
Old 10-23-2011, 06:33 PM   #12 (permalink)

I've used both, Herculiner and Grizzly Grip (on the same vehicle!) and much prefer the Grizzly grip.

Both products are good quality, but you can fine tune the texture of the grizzly grip.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXr View Post
I've used both, Herculiner and Grizzly Grip (on the same vehicle!) and much prefer the Grizzly grip.

Both products are good quality, but you can fine tune the texture of the grizzly grip.
This is good to know, thanks for posting! Can you explain how you fine tune the Grizzly Grip texture?
Old 02-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

Whether it be roll on or spray on, I use a pick up & trailer that gets trashed big time. It carries demolition debris to a dump. I got them sprayed with a Rhino special product, “Hard Line” which was better & more expensive than their Tuff Grip. It lasted over a year, started pitting, lost some adhesion around fender wells & end of bed, tailgate & the dumping end on the trailer. It started corroding so I got it redone with Fred’s Coating & Media Blasting, Fred is at Fort Worth, San Antonio, and Austin but they guys around US & Canada with the same products. He blasted off the beat Rhino, applied this thicker stuff I’d define as smooth bumps. There were soft, medium & hard versions so I went with hard. The big difference was its maybe twice as thick, hard on top but you can push a screwdriver in & it indents but bounces back. This was only about 8 months ago but there’s zero wear with same use and his warranty states lifetime, unconditional & transferrable. He said he uses Speedliner which is also good stuff but this was lower cost & better (that’s just Fred’s Media Blasting but Fred’s Coating & Media Blasting is the same guy’s better stuff). Cost: Rhino was $1220 for full size bed & 18 ft trailer, Fred’s was $775. In defense of Rhino these were really beat on mercilessly but so far my recommendation is Fred’s stuff.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:02 AM   #15 (permalink)

Use Spray Bedliners, NOT ROll-on Bedliners

Take the plunge and switch to a spray bedliner. There is no reason to use a roll on for your expensive investment. Get a spray bedliner. I would suggest either http://www.alsliner.com or http://www.spray-lining.com/diy/spray-bedliners.php
Old 02-26-2013, 06:02 AM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
4runner, bed, bedliner, bedliners, bedlinrs, bes, compare, good, liner, price, raptor, roll, rollinbedliner, rolling, walmart