Announcements Announcements and news by Staff to let the community know what we are up to at YotaTech

YotaTech Rule Amendment

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
YotaTech Rule Amendment

As YT undergoes several updates and backups, the rules are also going to be revised. As with any forum, as we grow... adaptations are always necessary.

Rule:

YotaTech supports land issues and encourages board members to become active both in the discussion and awareness of them whenever possible. At times these discussions can and will be intertwined with political issues. YotaTech strongly discourages discussions of political or religious nature due to the inability of such topics to be resolved through an online forum and the resulting arguments that often occur when dealing with such matters.

It is anticipated that our members will naturally have different and possibly strongly held opinions with regard to religious and political matters. It is also expected that members will respect each other's right to their personal views, opinions or lifestyle. This forum strives to maintain a family friendly environment. If you sat down to dinner with friends or family that you knew had alternate views, you would not bring up such topics for discussion. The same social rules of respectful engagement apply here. Agree to disagree, Toyota interests are the unifying factor here..

If a member is compelled to continually express their political or religious viewpoints on YT, the user will receive a warning. If these topics are persistently posted, the user will receive a temp ban and finally a permanent ban. If a member feels that these rules are an infringement of their personal rights or liberties, that member is welcome to find any of the other countless forums available whose rules and guidelines will allow the full expression of their religious or political viewpoints.

Upon final revision, this rule will be added to the current "rules" link.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Amen, brother

And I mean that in the most non-religious way possible
Old 05-07-2008, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a rule change for the 4Mogger debacle
Old 05-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
It was coming sooner or later, no matter if it was 4mogger or anyone else who created the issue.

Its nothing against him personally, but YT is a much better environment when we all can discuss what we came here to....toyotas....without having to wade through pages of political non sense, proaganda, heresay, lies, and two "sides" fighting over the internet. So IMHO the rule change will make it so that no one, left or right, will post up political jargon in the future.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The first time I remember checking the political section of "YT" it was shut down. I haven't seen much of this maybe on one thread.

But hey, we are all here to talk about trucks, not presidents (however I have seen some interesting forums, like people getting married, or fixing up a lawnmower).

I agree with Elvota's statement (or rule) proposed. "Agree to disagree". Simple as pie.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:32 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by netwt12
a rule change for the 4Mogger debacle
Hey - IIR he (4Mogger) said there was no explicit rule about it on his posts on Pirate about this so well, I stood up and said... well we'll MAKE one then Seriously the number of complaints we've had about his political threads is in the "lots"... Us Mods have better things to do, so we made a clear cut line on the issue.

This is after all a Toyota 4x4 forum, not a political forum (Ok one or two posts maybe but 15 or so in 2 months and nothing added to tech? Tsk Tsk Mr. Mogger.... go find a political forum to do that part of bantering on.

Originally Posted by infiltrator
The first time I remember checking the political section of "YT" it was shut down. I haven't seen much of this maybe on one thread.

But hey, we are all here to talk about trucks, not presidents (however I have seen some interesting forums, like people getting married, or fixing up a lawnmower).

I agree with Elvota's statement (or rule) proposed. "Agree to disagree". Simple as pie.

I'm not taking a side per say, just enforcing the PG-13 rules And we all know that political threads right now until Next November would be very heated. Us Mods don't have the time to mod all that... and unfortunately some go beyond agreeing to disagree... it gets personal and we don't tolerate repeated personal attacks.

That's pretty much why this rule/guideline was created
Old 05-08-2008, 05:55 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
I think this new rule or modification of existing rules is a good idea. Several us are members of several different forums, moderators included. One thing I really like about Yotatech is that I don't have to worry about my kids looking over my shoulder and catching something that is inappropriate for them to see.
I take a different tone (as other members of this forum do) when they are on places like Pirate, TTORA etc etc. When on those forums I try to do it when the kids are away for obvious reason.

I applaud Corey, Molly, Elvota, Fink, Aviator etc etc for doing their best to keep this a good forum for all ages...

you can always go to here if you need political stuff : http://www.politicalbase.com/people/.../17015/forums/
Old 05-08-2008, 05:58 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
We thank you for understanding.
Our name is smeared pretty bad over at Pirate on this issue thanks to 4mogger.

What many do not realize about YotaTech is that this is a forum intended to be safe for viewing at work and with family.

If anyone disagrees with that, there are many other forums out there in which to discuss these sensitive topics.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Staff

They realize it, but they still want to argue about it and push the issue.

You dont go into church expecting to curse and swear and worship the devil, why expect to go into a Toyota forum and post up non-toyota related politcal hatred?
Old 05-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by DeathCougar
They realize it, but they still want to argue about it and push the issue.
If they push to much, we get to push too.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:51 AM

i don't care one way or the other. i don't come here to determine who to vote for i come for knowledge on my toyota vehicles. i will say this though, the site does have a liberal undertone. i don't think the site acted unfairly towards 4mogger. i remember a few months back there was a poster that would turn a tire thread into why Bush is a nazi. he got the same number of warnings and when staff was finally fed up he got the boot.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Elvota
As YT undergoes several updates and backups, the rules are also going to be revised. As with any forum, as we grow... adaptations are always necessary.

Rule:

YotaTech supports land issues and encourages board members to become active both in the discussion and awareness of them whenever possible. At times these discussions can and will be intertwined with political issues. YotaTech strongly discourages discussions of political or religious nature due to the inability of such topics to be resolved through an online forum and the resulting arguments that often occur when dealing with such matters.

It is anticipated that our members will naturally have different and possibly strongly held opinions with regard to religious and political matters. It is also expected that members will respect each other's right to their personal views, opinions or lifestyle. This forum strives to maintain a family friendly environment. If you sat down to dinner with friends or family that you knew had alternate views, you would not bring up such topics for discussion. The same social rules of respectful engagement apply here. Agree to disagree, Toyota interests are the unifying factor here..

If a member is compelled to continually express their political or religious viewpoints on YT, the user will receive a warning. If these topics are persistently posted, the user will receive a temp ban and finally a permanent ban. If a member feels that these rules are an infringement of their personal rights or liberties, that member is welcome to find any of the other countless forums available whose rules and guidelines will allow the full expression of their religious or political viewpoints.

Upon final revision, this rule will be added to the current "rules" link.
I have my own rule! How cool is that!
Old 05-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Corey
We thank you for understanding.
Our name is smeared pretty bad over at Pirate on this issue thanks to 4mogger.

What many do not realize about YotaTech is that this is a forum intended to be safe for viewing at work and with family.

If anyone disagrees with that, there are many other forums out there in which to discuss these sensitive topics.
That thread was open to anyone that wished to participate. No one was smeared. It was an open and fair discussion in which no one was threatened with a ban.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4Mogger
No one was smeared.
Nope... nobody smeared. (A few edits for YT standards.)

• 4Mogger: "...tell me that they are not a bunch of liberal pukes e-bullying."
  • 4Mogger: "I think they are closet Subaru drivers."
  • 4Mogger: "(to Lysmamachia) You are the child that hides behind your computer screen abusing what little power you have over others
  • 4Mogger: "(to Lysmamachia) you are a complete wuss."
  • 4Mogger: (to DeathCougar) I am, now more than ever, convinced that you are a complete tool."
  • 4Mogger: "YotaTech is the LEFT ONLY Nazi thought police."
  • 4Mogger: "(to DeathCougar) Notice that this particularly vapid slackjawed lib is still too cowardly to even state that he supports Obama."
  • 4Mogger: "(to DeathCougar) You are a little boy, and you need a slap.
  • 4Mogger: "The last thing YT needs is more liberal pukes."
  • Cebby: "Nazi-ish abuse of power at it's finest."
  • Josh83: "The guy that started it is a fag."
  • DocHoliday13: "So is YT where YotaUp came from? His gayness and stupidity make sense now"
  • DeathCougar: "(to 4Mogger) Grow up and stop acting like a little boy"
  • DeathCougar: "(to 4Mogger) clearly you are not of the "intelligent" variety."

Threads like that is why YT has different rules from Pirate. Just turns into both sides slamming each other.

Neither board is better... just different.

Last edited by Elvota; 05-10-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Staff

WOOHOO i made the list!!!

Do I get a cookie?
Old 05-10-2008, 11:13 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by DeathCougar
Do I get a cookie?
Yes... but it's going to be a all natural hemp and granola cookie risen in a solar oven that harmed no animals and is good for you... because that's the way YT bakes.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Staff

gah *hack hack* If it aint made with random animal parts and 4 pounds of chocolate, i dont want it!