Announcements Announcements and news by Staff to let the community know what we are up to at YotaTech

Looking for a few good Mods (2009 Edition)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 04:43 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If needed I'll step up since I live on here mostly the morning shift plus I also mod on two other forums.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:55 AM
Contributing Member

This is awesome that so many of you are willing to throw your hat into the ring. THANK YOU! The current staff will have to deliberate and then we will send out invites. Prolly won't happen for a week or so as the vetting takes time.

Again thanks for stepping up to the plate!
Old 01-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Corey
It is a thankless job indeed.

A few (not all) requirements for those who may not know what is involved:

1. Ability to handle a problem thread if no other staff member is logged in.
All staff gets emailed when a thread/post gets reported, and we try to handle them in a timely manner.
Sometimes that does not happen if staff is away.

2. Handle spam threads by moving them to a section called "Spam holding tank."
Piece of cake, the tools are there to move a thread, and do it without a redirect.
If the latter is chosen, members will click the new link and get an error since they can not view the spam holding tank.
Ban the nasty spammer and send him/her/bot on their merry way.
Spam is something we have to live with here, ad spammers want to do what they do best, spam ya all

3. Help handle threads that get out of control and help guide them back on course.

There is more, but it comes with learning the ropes here.
Since most members know the rules here and what we allow/disallow, a lot of members here also help out and shut down those who try and cause discord here.
You get it on any forum, but here we try and keep this place steered towards a family atmosphere for all to enjoy.

Believe it or not, we get many compliments all the time via PMs and email on the values that we uphold here in trying to keep this a family/work safe place to surf at any time.

There are far to many other forums out there that allow anything to go in threads, we are not one of them.

Fink
Old 01-13-2009, 10:50 AM

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
well, seeing as tho ive only been here for a few months and im still learning the ropes, i dont wanna volunteer...

that said, i just want to see the basement of the forums... ive modded a couple other forums and the basement is always chocked full of hidden treasures...

i vote scooby, coug and tofer... scooby maybe not so much seeing as tho he doesnt even have a truck... just kiddin...
Old 01-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
I see Scuba has started his campaining in his Avatar, lol.

Scuba 4 Mod hehehe

I'll see your avatar, and raise you a signature!

Last edited by DeathCougar; 01-13-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:05 PM
Contributing Member

OK that is just the FUNNAY!

But remember guys, ultimately the staff pics the mods as we have a pretty good idea who's personality will mesh and who's won't.

Example. TC is NOT allowed to be a mod. (Oh wait he is a Mod on TTORA) LOL
Old 01-13-2009, 12:11 PM

I'll volunteer for the position. I'm also a MOD on the GoNintendo forums. And I'm on Yotatech pretty much the whole time I'm online. Witch is usually anytime I'm home since I have a laptop. I like to think that I'm a fairly level headed person, and I always consider both sides to a story.

I also would like to express my opinion that DeathCougar with be an excellent candidate.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:22 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Lysmachia
But remember guys, ultimately the staff pics the mods as we have a pretty good idea who's personality will mesh and who's won't.
I know I know, I just figured showing my zealousness would entail that I am exuberant about the possible opportunity

Old 01-13-2009, 12:30 PM

i could do it, i have waay too much free time... do yall have a requirement on how much time needs to be spent online?
Old 01-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by space-junk
that said, i just want to see the basement of the forums... ive modded a couple other forums and the basement is always chocked full of hidden treasures...
The basement is where we keep the whips and other cool things.
Each new mod gets initiated.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by VSU_4runnin
i could do it, i have waay too much free time... do yall have a requirement on how much time needs to be spent online?
Yes and no. We all have lives outside of YT. From time to time some of us have to check out for a bit (Vacation, Work, Illness) But what is key is that you get back in the saddle once your distraction is over. Also communication is key. In the staff section we let each other know when we can't be available, and if possible when we anticipate being back.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Corey
The basement is where we keep the whips and other cool things.
Each new mod gets initiated.
Hazing - it's a tradition.

Fink
Old 01-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Contributing Member

I'd like to nominate Tofer as well. I know him personally and he'd be a great candidate. He is also very Vbulletin savy.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:49 PM

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by scuba
I know I know, I just figured showing my zealousness would entail that I am exuberant about the possible opportunity

looks like someone is using that "word of the day" toilet paper i sent them...
Old 01-14-2009, 06:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scuba

^ wow zealousness you really want this don't you.

scuba, tofer, and DC got my vote

Heck I would love to become a Mod Those cool little red letters under you name total worth it.

however I am a little low on the post count but i have been here for almost 2 years hahah I make my self laugh

So if you need another Mod why not I'll do it.

I don't have a cold day in heck :

Last edited by 96redtoy; 01-14-2009 at 06:33 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:38 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I spend 90% of my day on YT and ih8mud. So if you need help i can, but i vote for deathcougar and Tofer.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:04 AM

Thumbs up Tofer and DC

I think Tofer and DC are the best candidates for the job but that is my 2 cents
Old 01-14-2009, 08:35 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 96redtoy
Heck I would love to become a Mod Those cool little red letters under you name total worth it.
Um yeah with the work we gotta do, sometimes I wish those letters were made of gold.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
Nothing personal against anyone nominated, as I spend as much time or more here than most, but I do not think moderators should not be connected to any business profiting from the sale of any Toyota related merchandise, just to avoid the appearance of any favoritism whatsoever.

Good point Brian (Thus the reason we didn't nab you in our last Mod search) So are any of those that have been nominated, involved with the sale of Toyota related items?
Old 01-14-2009, 08:38 AM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
What favortism could a mod show when selling part? Also, would you restrict that to businesses who advertise? Lets use me for an example. My company does not advertise on here, most sales are through word of mouth. How would me being a mod generate favortism for myself or my company, outside of my deleting posts from other vendors (which would obviously get myself disbarred).

I really don't think its fair to restrict a person from being a mod, simply because they sell Toyota parts. In some cases, selling those Toyota parts gives that person the knowledge to be helpful on the board.

And at what point do you restrict a person who sells Toyota parts? Does parting out a truck in our garage count as selling Toyota items? Could that person not give themselves an upper hand as well? Should all mods be restricted from the selling of any items, or risk losing their mod status? How about someone who sells an alternator, or a wire? Or anything related to a Toyota, should they not be allowed to moderate as well?

Last edited by DeathCougar; 01-14-2009 at 08:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Looking for a few good Mods (2009 Edition)