Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

New to the T4R scene from Hawaii!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the T4R scene from Hawaii!

Aloha crew,
New to the T4R crew. just picked up a 95 4x4 SR5 Auto Runner. so far, truck is amazing. haven't offroaded it yet due to low funds for now.. but plan on building it to be a family friendly desert rig. I resided to Las Vegas.

got a few concerns I wanted to point out and see if I can get some feed back. I'm pretty familiar with the offroad scene and what not from my previous truck, 04 Nissan Frontier CCLB 5spd 2wd.. new to the Toyota fam now.

so besides the point.. on to my nic-nacs..

when I purchased my runner, it would intermittently stall.. ended up replacing a bunch of goodies..
-fuel pressure regulator
-fuel filter
-spark plugs
-motor flush
-tranny flush
-transfer case flush
.... now what fixed the intermittent stalling was fuel pump.. like duh.. everyone who has told me to just replace it, replace it.. no I decided to find out the hard way and change that last lol...

now my 3.slow has a weird idle, its steady at 700-750.. is that normal for a motor that only has 166xxx??
but while it idles it seems like it has hiccups.. here and there, like the truck will feel like,,it wants to die.. but keeps a steady idle..hard to explain..

and ive read on some of these posts on here, about bogging off the line and slim to no power until you push the pedal 3/4 of the way in..

off the line I noticed I'm having a slight bog down then it'll very slowly pick up in speed.. ive read a few posts, some say it could be egr.. or it could be injectors.. just curious to where and what to start looking at. if anyone could give me hints or tips on where to look.

much mahalo in advance to all that helps!!!
Old 11-17-2016, 12:44 PM
osv

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
hawaiians love vegas! it's about the exact opposite of hawaii

i would download the fsm for the year of truck that you have, and run some simple test on the egr system... i have the 22re, not sure how applicable it is to the 3.0 engine.

also check it for vacuum leaks.
Old 11-17-2016, 02:54 PM

Received 62 Likes on 57 Posts
Aloha,

i am am also a 22re guy but have you tested and made sure your tps is adjusted properly. You said you replaced plugs did you do cap and rotor and wires at the same time? Also like mentioned above vacuum leaks cause hell. Get a few cans of starter fluid and spray down an area with vacuum hose, one area at a time. When/if you hear the rpm's race you found a leak. Make note of it and keep checking. If there is one there may be more.

Good of luck hope this helps