YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > Newbie Tech Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2007, 09:53 PM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

How do you lubricate the front window channels?

What do you guys use to lubricate the front window channels so the manual window isn't so tought to roll up? I need ot help out my window regulators!

Thanks!

John
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
Mods: 4" TG 47" Front Springs w/ 5" Shackles, 3.5" Super Lift Rear Springs w/ 6" Shackles, TG Cross Over, TG Shock Hoops, 15x8 "Outlaw I" rims, 33x12.50 R15 BFG MT KM's, Doestch Tech 12" DT3000 shocks (4 corners), Custom Front Driveshaft w/ 12" Slip yoke & CV joint ground for higher angle, Toyota Fiberglass front fenders, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, SR5 Cluster

My World:
My 1985 4Runner's Profile
My Car Domain Page.
LUV24BY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:21 AM   #2

I use pure silicone spray. roll the window down and use the plastic tube to spray in the front and rear channels then roll the window up and down a couple of times. Make sure the glass is properly riding in the channel as I have seen them jump off track.
1994runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:01 AM   #3

Great! Thanks for the info. I thought it was silicone spray, however I wasn't 100% sure! Does the spray leave a nasty film on the window or does it even get onto the glass?

John
Mods: 4" TG 47" Front Springs w/ 5" Shackles, 3.5" Super Lift Rear Springs w/ 6" Shackles, TG Cross Over, TG Shock Hoops, 15x8 "Outlaw I" rims, 33x12.50 R15 BFG MT KM's, Doestch Tech 12" DT3000 shocks (4 corners), Custom Front Driveshaft w/ 12" Slip yoke & CV joint ground for higher angle, Toyota Fiberglass front fenders, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, SR5 Cluster

My World:
My Car Domain Page.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:58 PM   #4

Ordered a DS window regulator from seattle-guy pm eBay. It was $26.10 shipped to my bush. I lubed the piss out of the channels on bothsides and now have that 'fresh gun oil' similar from the silicone spray. Man the silicone spray sure makes them purty winders go up and doinard faaster that a irrate wife chasin a loose chickin threew the creek down yars way.

Just took a likin to this here pretty little thing in that small blue bliky box
wonders if maybillene would like a half wife. Wunder what the twothem talks about all days long.

morris - i am cleatuses
uncle cousin - at least that's what they calls me, nither did we know which it was. our maws was purtyr and almost as well liked as them towns kittens.

My World:
My Car Domain Page.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:06 PM   #5
This one time, at band camp
Personal Sales Rating: (21)
Staff

Send a message via AIM to DeathCougar Send a message via Yahoo to DeathCougar
where the hell did THAT post go?!

What type of lubrication did you use? Gun oil, is that safe for rubber and paint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBluePile View Post
Hmmm, dunno. Ask the oem Nazi DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyobrown View Post
I'll cut you.
DeathCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:18 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCougar View Post
where the hell did THAT post go?!

What type of lubrication did you use? Gun oil, is that safe for rubber and paint?
That post, unfortunately was a direct reflection of being on some medication for a spastic back which has plagued me for 2 years. I was feeling pretty good to as the least and I guess I just went out there mentally and channeled the words through my fingertips. Let's put it this way, I was watching the monitor and it was 'melting'.

I used Silicone spray but it smelled like gun oil afterwards. It's the 'Liquid Wrench' brand of spray.

John

My World:
My Car Domain Page.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:56 PM   #7

Did you use liquid wrench or straight silicone? When I use silicone any that gets on the glass wipes off with no residue.
1994runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1994runner View Post
Did you use liquid wrench or straight silicone? When I use silicone any that gets on the glass wipes off with no residue.
I used a Liquid Wrench brand of Silicone spray. The Auto Zone I went to only had this LR brand of silicone spray. I like it, it works really well for the windows. I found the Passenger side regulator is the factory installed, so it will need to be replaced soon too.

After I was done, I wiped down the windows and used Windex and they cleaned right up!

John

My World:
My Car Domain Page.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:58 PM   #9

I work for Toyota, and we use "Toyota Silicone Spray." But any silicone spray will work. Do as 1994runner described. I do it all the time.
Shoua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
auto, car, channel, channels, lube, lubricant, lubricate, manual, regulator, rubber, silicone, spray, toyota, window, windows