YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > Newbie Tech Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2010, 10:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Denso Plug Wires PN# 671-4003 Any good?

Hey y'all,

Looking for some plug wires for my 88 PU with a 22RE.

I have searched and found people recommending OEM direct from Toyota, the blue NGK wires and Denso.

Well, according to sparkplugs.com the Denso PN# for 79-88 trucks is 671-4003.

Has anyone used these and would you recommend them?

The Denso PN# for 93-95 is 671-4137.

Money is a bit tight and was hoping to go with something a bit less expensive than what Toyota wants, if possible.

Just bought the truck (daily driver) and it needs a lot. Got an AISIN clutch master and slave coming from Marlin and searching for a decent brake MC.

Thanks!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!

Last edited by snare; 10-01-2010 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Added second PN.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-01-2010, 01:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have those plug wires on my 86 4Runner, there good quality and i would recommend them. A couple of other places to buy parts from is www.rockauto.com and www.partstrain.com most of the time rock auto has cheaper prices, but both places have good service.

Solid Axle Swap, 5'' lift, 37x12.50-15 MTR`s, Trail Gear High Steer, 5 speed manual swap, InchWorm Duel Cases, 63'' Chevy Springs In The Rear, 5'' Trail Gear Springs In Front, 27 Spline Chromoly Axles In Front, 4.88 Gears, Detroit Locker In The Rear, High Pinion Front With An ARB, Downey Header, AFM Upgrade, 95 Amp Alternator, Trail Gear Sliders, Addicted Offroad Front Bumper.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-01-2010, 06:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

in my personal experience, people bring me their vehicles after they've put in plugs/wires other then the OEM recommended ones. The problems usually have something to do with misfires or poor engine performance. This is my experience and obviously the people who buy these parts and they work fine don't come and talk to me. however, in my world, decent midgrade to high grade parts are so close to the cost of toyota parts, I just plain go with what I know will work the first time. once again, my experience. let the flaming begin.

oh and some of our v style engines have denso on one side from factory and NGK on the other. I wouldn't stray too far from those choices.
2007 Tundra 5.7L - hate black but a good deal

Last edited by ab_mekanik; 10-01-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab_mekanik View Post
in my personal experience, people bring me their vehicles after they've put in plugs/wires other then the OEM recommended ones. The problems usually have something to do with misfires or poor engine performance. This is my experience and obviously the people who buy these parts and they work fine don't come and talk to me. however, in my world, decent midgrade to high grade parts are so close to the cost of toyota parts, I just plain go with what I know will work the first time. once again, my experience. let the flaming begin.

oh and some of our v style engines have denso on one side from factory and NGK on the other. I wouldn't stray too far from those choices.
Your absolutely right, a lot of people buy the cheapest parts possible and still can`t understand why there vehicle still runs like crap. There may be some things that you can get away with, but when it comes to tune up parts your better off getting OEM replacements. They may cost a little more but the quality of the parts are worth it.

Solid Axle Swap, 5'' lift, 37x12.50-15 MTR`s, Trail Gear High Steer, 5 speed manual swap, InchWorm Duel Cases, 63'' Chevy Springs In The Rear, 5'' Trail Gear Springs In Front, 27 Spline Chromoly Axles In Front, 4.88 Gears, Detroit Locker In The Rear, High Pinion Front With An ARB, Downey Header, AFM Upgrade, 95 Amp Alternator, Trail Gear Sliders, Addicted Offroad Front Bumper.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

NGK wires are fine.
TG 3" FR Springs, TG 4" R Springs, rear disc-brakes, chromoly rear axles, chromoly 27 Birfs, T-case brake, 5x 37x12.50r15 Goodyear MTR, Yukon 5.29 gears, F/R Aussie Lockers, MC 1600lb clutch, Magnaflow
Old 10-01-2010, 11:58 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
10, 42, 4runner, 6714003, anygood, denso, good, ngk, nsk, parts, plug, sires, tg, wires, yotatech