Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Arizona AC

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arizona AC

What kind of AC would fit into an 85 pickup? I bought a new one, but it doesn't have AC installed - so I need everything and need to go hit the junkyards but need to know which ones would work. Please help!
Old 08-18-2015, 12:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Assuming you bought a 4 cyl. Get one out of a 4 cyl. Any 4 cyl in your generation should fit. I assume you are aware of the project that you are undertaking? You literally need everything. If you get luck Toyota ran a wire for the A/C in the harness. You need all the lines, the compressor, condenser, the lines, the evaporator (might as well take the entire blower unit and heat exchanger off the salvage vehicle if you can find one, the relay (check your panel to see if there is wires to it and just an open slot). Check that your engine has the mounting holes for the compressor, otherwise you will have to get crafty. Good luck. I am cooking here in New Hampsihre with the heat and high humidity, I can't fathom live in AZ. Just be aware the job is completely doable, but it takes a lot of work. It is like changing a vehicle from an auto to a manual in some regards.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah 22RE - So I'm going to need something from 84-88 for my 85? I was hoping something from a 92 would work, I found a good deal on one. Close enough or should I stick to the generation.