YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > Newbie Tech Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

1993 toyota pickup 4x4 22re wont start?

I have a 1993 toyota pickup 4x4 it has a 22re in it. JUST PUT IT IN! It wont start it will turn over but thats it. I replaced the icniter,coil,distributer,computer,plugs,plug wires,mass air flow.. I am clueless I have also checked all my fuses. Please help!! Also it has fire and is getting gas to the fuel rail.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

You say you just put it in right? So its never been run yet?
1993 Standard Cab Pickup - 5VZ-FE - R150F - Stock 4:10 Gears - 31/10.50/15 Remolds
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-08-2009, 06:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

yes it has been running i had it running when i put it in. I was just driving down the road and it started sputtering and i wouold have to down shift to keep it running and if it died i couldnt start it back. I thought it was bad gas so i draned the gas and changed the fuel filter but still nothing
Old 09-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hmmm... thats definitely odd. Almost sounds like it has a hard time making compression but i dont see how that could just happen all of a sudden. You put a timing light on it yet? But agian i dont see how it could happen so abruptly like that. Anyone else care to throw in some ideas?
1993 Standard Cab Pickup - 5VZ-FE - R150F - Stock 4:10 Gears - 31/10.50/15 Remolds
Old 09-08-2009, 06:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

i also tried a compression test they all were somewere around 150psi and yes its in time i think
Old 09-09-2009, 02:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

thanks for the help i figured it out today it was 180 out and were i have been trying to crank itr for the past 3 weeks it got gas in the oil???!!! but o well its fixed now thanks!
Old 09-09-2009, 05:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

Glad to hear u got it figured out. Definitely sounded like a timing issue... come bak if u have anymore problems.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1990, 1993, 22re, 4runner, 4x4, fire, fuel, pick, pickup, problems, sputtering, start, toyota, truck, wont