YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas 4th gen 4Runners & 5th gen trucks
Sponsored by:
Click Here

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-22-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

How long did your Lower Control Arm Bushings last?

Hello,

I'm just wondering how many people have replaced LCA bushings on their 4th Gen 4Runners, and at what mileage.

The shop says they can't align it properly because the LCA bushings are worn and weak. I want to make sure that this diagnosis is probable, and its not actually something else. I've read its a royal PITA to replace these bushings so I'd probably have the shop do it (and that won't be cheap).

I have a 130K '03 Limited V8. Its seen plenty of snowy/sandy/salty winters so I figure that might have something to do with it.

Thanks for you help!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
Run4toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:19 PM   #2

From what I've heard, the lca bushings wear out a lot more when you wheel it hard and wheel it a lot. Doesn't sound like you do either.
I'd find a different shop, honestly.

If they actually do need to be replaced, and if I remember correctly, Toyota doesn't sell just the LCA bushings. You'll have to go with brand new lca's or go with aftermarket poly urethane bushings which are known to squeak A LOT.

My 99 Tacoma Single Cab build. Now on full width Toyota axles. SAS Thread
scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #3

I don't do much hard wheeling besides the strain of deep snow (the pushing it with the bumper kind). I'll do a couple trips in the desert every summer as well.

I think I'll take it to a different alignment shop and see if I get the same diagnosis.

Unless... is there a clever way to check the bushings without dropping the control arm?

Thanks!

FYI, for anyone reading this thread:
Toyota dealer parts department would only sell me the complete control arms for $550 a piece. However, you can buy just the bushings online for around $50 a piece (need 2 per side):
Lower control arm bushing #1 4865460030
Lower control arm bushing #2 4865560030
Run4toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:48 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
4runner, arm, arms, bushing, bushings, control, diagnosis, lca, long, lower, replace, replacement, sell, squeak, tacoma, worn