YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas 4th gen 4Runners & 5th gen trucks
Sponsored by:
Click Here

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2006, 02:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Question How do i replace rear side marker light for a '03 4Runner?

Hi,
I need to replace my rear side marker light because my wife backed into a fire hydrant and busted it out. I have a 2003 4Runner ltd. I have found the light online, I just don't know how to install it. Is there any electrical hook up for it? Can anyone help me out? Thanks!
Jon
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-03-2006, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Contributing Member

Send a message via AIM to Good Times
rear side marker light? Are you talking about the tail light itself? If so, there are 2 10mm nuts holding it in place from the inside of the side panels. There are 2 pop out squares (looks like 3" x 4" rectangle) that you can pop using a flathead located at the back of the inside cabin. Inside the panel you'll find the 2 nuts that needs to be popped out.

If this is not the piece then please take a picture of what light you are referencing and we'll gladly help you out.

Thanks!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-04-2006, 05:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

Thanks for the info. I am posting a picture of what i am talking about. one picture is the busted light and the other one is the good one. I noticed that there are only electrical wires running to the tail lights and not the rear side marker lights... is this correct? Thanks!
Jon
Attached Thumbnails
How do i replace rear side marker light for a '03 4Runner?-img_1779-small-.jpg   How do i replace rear side marker light for a '03 4Runner?-img_1780-small-.jpg  
Old 10-04-2006, 05:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
lee
Contributing Member

Send a message via AIM to lee
arent they just reflectors?
Old 10-04-2006, 05:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

That is what i thought, but I wanted to double check.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxd315 View Post
That is what i thought, but I wanted to double check.
Yeah, in the USA market they aren't used. I wish they were, but they aren't.
Profile and Pics
Old 10-04-2006, 09:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Contributing Member

Send a message via AIM to Good Times
those are indeed just reflectors. You can easily replace them by just going under the bumper and reaching to it. I believe it is attached by 2 10mm bolts (I can't recall). Should be a relatively easy fix.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

Sounds easy enough! Thanks for all your help!
Old 10-07-2006, 06:21 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee View Post
arent they just reflectors?
They are just reflectors, but they can be easily made into running/turn/brake lights: http://www.toyota-4runner.org/showth...ght=bumper+mod

I've got them as running/brake lights on my truck and it looks awesome. Anything to make my truck a little more visible while commuting through the DC Metro area is a good thing and it doesn't cost much (less than $25)

BTW, I think it is just 1 10mm nut holding the housing in place. Get under the bumper and you'll see it.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:21 AM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
03, 04, 2004, 4runner, bumper, install, light, marker, rear, reflector, replace, replacing, running, side, toyota