03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas 4th gen 4Runners & 5th gen trucks

Found way to "beat" VSC...and make computer panic!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Found way to "beat" VSC...and make computer panic!

I've been reading posts about VSC, when/how to turn it off, mods, benefits, etc. I've found another way to "beat" it- go very fast!

Well, fast for dirt roads, anyways.

In my experience, about 60mph into the 90 degree Left hand turn (not sure if right turn is different) is NOT enough and VSC is like throwing an anchor out the window.

I tried that shortly after getting the '04 V8 LTD 4Runner. I was really impressed, as I didn't think it could even stop that fast.

So, this past beginning of summer, I was feeling a little frisky and had a buddy with me. We were trying to catch up to another buddy in a bowtie (Chevy is okay, really).

Had to win this one, but knew we were close to the breaking loose speed for the turn. I used to race dirt track stock cars until this spring, so felt comfortable breaking it loose.

Well, at about 70mph it breaks the tires loose and slides and pedal to the floor actually lets it pull out of the corner, losing acceleration for only about a second or so! Cool!

Yeah, I've had it all off before and locked up on the beach, which is lots of fun BTW. Just be sure to go to a car wash with a bottom spray right afterwards :-) And keep the windows up a little, as sand flies in by the handful when sliding sideways under power to avoid a washout. (OBX)

This way is much better.

Also, another way to really make the computer panic is to hit the sharp crest of the hill just before it at the same speed. About 3 secs of hang time.

Ever wonder what VSC/traction etc related indicator lights are actually on the dash and which ones have beepers/buzzers? Well, this is one way to find out!

EVERYTHING lights up and BEEPS!

Okay, so maybe it isn't true control over the electronic wizards inside your rig, but in today's computer controlled world, it's nice to see one *panic* every once in a while :-) heh-heh.

BTW, we caught up easily to the super built up bowtie. Man, this rig does a good job on the back roads. The bed of the pickup was flapping all over the place and we actually had to slow down.

In case you're wondering..."We're just good ol' boys, tryin to make our own way..." :-)

-DiskDoctr