Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Wow!!! Lucas Oil an Sea Foam Wow!!!

Old 01-18-2008, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow!!! Lucas Oil an Sea Foam Wow!!!

I read and read on this forum about these two products..and finally put yall to the test...lol
Went to AutoZone today an told the man to hit me with Lucas and Sea Foam...added them in the parking lot...a couple of hours of driving later...it seems for real like I dropped almost 100,000 miles off of my truck...
How long does this feeling last...lol. How often can I SeaFoam my rig and how much is too much Lucas Oil...I wish I could just change my oil and put nothing but that shizz in there, lol.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, Lucas lasts for about 10,000 miles before you have to rebuild the motor from using it.

Happened to me twice... Be careful what you add to the engine.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:03 PM

Received 273 Likes on 184 Posts
I love the LUCAS oil treatment ..

trick is to add it AFTER you have oil pressure .. if you add it to soon it will take a while to get oil pressure , and could take out main bearings ..

I have used it on my rebuilt engine .. 1/2 container , per 2nd oil change ...
40K on it now .. and still runs like a champ , large oil pressure , and fires right up , everytime ..
Old 01-18-2008, 07:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah but pressure vs flow i have low oil pressure and very high flow!!! rebiult her and i can sit there and bounce her off the rev untill the fuel tank is gone and still nothing well maybe not but yeah high pressure = low flow high flow= low pressure and im getting everything right away -5 outside first key start and still no ticking baby
Old 01-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Contributing Member

I usually do the seafoam treatment about once every two to three months, works like a champ.

Lucas I use a little every oil change.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i started two threads each about this and have learned so much.
i did seafoam through the brake booster, and at once heard a sexy roar from my engine.
when i did it in the brake booster, a ton of smoke emerged right before i turned off the truck. when i started it up, puffs, but nothing major. so i guess i was pretty clean.
as far a lucas' oil stabalizer, i love the stuff. it stopped ALL my oil leaks (maybe a drip here and there) but havent had to add any oil AT ALL since i used it. on the bottle it says to use it instead of a 5th quart of oil.
both of these i think helped my truck so much.
and my napa gold filter :]
Old 01-19-2008, 10:29 AM

I have been using the Lucas oil as my 5th quart also. Truck runs like a champ. Will try it without next change. Thanks for the heads up on Lucas.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:06 AM

In my younger days, STP was the rage. It was great for motor assembly, worn engines suffering from low oil pressure and burning oil. Any thing else it was detrimental to a perfectly good engine. Why, its viscosity and reluctance to pour at room temperature. Simply, it starves bearings on a cold engine start. That is also were most engines slowly die, cold engine startup. This is also why synthetic oil is far superior to dyno oil in that it flows like water when cold.

So, STP, Motor Honey, Lucas and the likes are great for problem engines and new motor rebuilds to coat moving parts.

By the way, diesel fuel will accomplish the same results as Sea Foam. Save that Seafoam can and put some diesel fuel in it for the next treatment.

My $0.02

Last edited by SEAIRESCUE; 01-19-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Diesel will just smoke won't it? Seafoam's a powerful solvent.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by BrunswickYota
I read and read on this forum about these two products..and finally put yall to the test...lol
Went to AutoZone today an told the man to hit me with Lucas and Sea Foam...added them in the parking lot...a couple of hours of driving later...it seems for real like I dropped almost 100,000 miles off of my truck...
How long does this feeling last...lol. How often can I SeaFoam my rig and how much is too much Lucas Oil...I wish I could just change my oil and put nothing but that shizz in there, lol.
How did you do the seafoam treatment?
Old 03-10-2008, 01:40 PM
Contributing Member

I used a gallon of LUCAS from the day my peterbilt was new to 500,000 miles on it and at 500,000 it is recamended to have the mains redone when the CATERPILER guys pulled the oil pan they said the bearings were as good as new. Since then I have used it in both of my HARLEYS transmissions and motors my 4runnner every 3rd oil change added it to the thirds transfer and transmission and now have 230,xxx miles and counting with zero issues.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
you guys are on crack. the only way i'd ever use lucas again is on an engine that was on its way out that I didn't have time to rebuild for a few thousand more miles. Theres no way that it lubricates properly seeing as its got the viscosity of cold honey.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:48 PM

I put a qt of LUCAS in every oil change I do (Every 3K Miles) I think this stuff is great. Never had a problem with it.

I also had a ford Exploer that the trans went out on me. It would not even go into gear. I was told to put Lucas trans aid in, and I did. The rig went into gear after warm up and me going to drive and back to park for a few mins. It then stayed in gear. I took it for a ride for about 1 mile, and the rig ran and shifted great for the next 2 years. When I sold the rig, it was still doing great. That was 3 years ago. I still see the rig around town, and the guy I sold it to told me that ,YEP, STILL RUNNING GREAT. TRUE STORY.

Last edited by keithguts; 03-10-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:33 PM

If you use Seafoam to treat your engine, then change your spark plugs out after you're done admiring your smoke cloud. At least, take out a couple and inspect them after you're done to make sure you haven't fouled them out or caked them with deposits. Seafoam is notorious for crapping out plugs. So it's just a good idea to put new plugs in after. It's not that expensive, and easy as hell to do. I mean, it's good PM...so why not right?
Old 03-10-2008, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by MMA_Alex
you guys are on crack. the only way i'd ever use lucas again is on an engine that was on its way out that I didn't have time to rebuild for a few thousand more miles. Theres no way that it lubricates properly seeing as its got the viscosity of cold honey.

This man speaks the truth...

I used it once and the motor blew a short time later. Several years later I used it again and again I had a motor crap out on me. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole again...
Old 03-10-2008, 05:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, to update from my last post. I didn't add lucas in my truck oil and I notice drips again. A lot.... ^#$#

Last edited by infiltrator; 03-10-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by infiltrator
Well, to update from my last post. I didn't add seafoam in my truck and I notice drips again. A lot.... ^#$#
quick get some cardboard! that honeygoo is impossible to get out of the driveway!
Old 03-10-2008, 08:36 PM

You guys should try Amsoil 10w30 Synthetic oil. I've pretty much run Mobil 1 10w30 synthetic up until now with the exception of one Amsoil change the change before last where I went back to Mobil one for one change. Well I just switched to Amsoil oil for good. Before doing the change I tried some of the Amsoil engine cleaner (I think it's called Engine restore or something like that) - you dump it into the crankcase and idle it for 15-20 minutes with the old oil then drain and add Amsoi oil. Man oh man what a difference. The truck now feels like I picked up at least a few HP and it runs much more "enthusiastically."
Old 03-11-2008, 04:35 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by MMA_Alex
Agreed, and I'll never use Seafoam either. Research is key in these situations...
Old 03-11-2008, 05:20 PM

I don't use oil thickeners like Lucas but I seafoam in the gasoline & oil about two or three times a year...it's just a solvent. It'll clean injectors & sludge; it's not some miracle juice that adds hp or magically restores cylinders....it is what it is. I think if someone were to run it in the gasoline in too strong of a concentration it might damage injector seals & that cloud of smoke people see when they add it to their vacuum lines is the seafoam burning lol

I suppose being used in the vacuum lines or if used in too strong of a concentration in the gas tank it could also cause some cat or o2 sensor issues....maybe that's why some people complain about that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wow!!! Lucas Oil an Sea Foam Wow!!!