Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

window sticker for model below sr5?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 03:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
window sticker for model below sr5?

When searching for parts, Ive been seeing only two trim levels for the 1986 4runner model year - the Deluxe and the SR5. I know I dont have an SR5, but I dont have many options so I doubt I have a Deluxe either.

Can anyone post a picture of a window sticker, or know of more trim levels? If there are more trim levels in existence, why arent parts shops distinguishing between them?
Old 05-07-2007, 04:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I dont have my window sticker here - its in file at my parents place.

The DLX was in fact the "base model".
Thank the marketers for that one

If you have a REAL base DLX
-- no rear seats - a metal parcel shelf was there instead.
-- vinyl floors (super easy to clean BTW - I love em)

some realy based models had
-- no clock
-- no AC (I had the dealer add mine - they used the "port" kit so its "oem"

I havnet seen any w/o PS tho
Old 05-07-2007, 04:33 AM

hmm, mine doesnt match either base model you're describing. I suppose they built and outfitted them every which way back then, unlike now where you choose entire packages of options at a time.

My 86 has pocket wing windows (bug funnels but great ventilation), manual windows and locks, intermittent wipers, no tach in cluster, no placards or stickers on glove box for transfer case operation (seem to be present only in SR5 models Ive seen), split rear seat, carpet up front, but vinyl covering the rear cargo area. no pad on roll bar.

A friend has an 85 4rnr that came with cupholders integrated into the rear panels for rear seat passengers I guess? Very odd indeed....not sure of his trim level either. Just a tidbit to pass along.....

Looks to have had an aftermarket AC system installed at some point. Not sure if it came with AC from the factory. There are original dash controls in place, but Ive heard toyota equipped them all with dash stuff even when AC was not actually installed in the engine bay?

Should have named this thread "TRIM LEVEL ODDITIES - SUBMIT YOURS". Lets hear some more!
Old 05-07-2007, 06:19 AM

You've got to remember our trucks are 20ish years old and that is a lot of time for people to add stuff. I don't have the window sticker for mine but when I got it it had full carpet, SR5 seats, rollbar padding, factory A/C, SR5 alloys, int. wipers, etc. Since then I have added the SR5 instrument cluster and clino too. Oh, and they all came with the t-case pattern on the glove box but it normally gets brittle and starts flaking off. I just peeled the remnants off of my 88 DLX pickup the other day.

I think the easiest way to tell is if you have power windows or not. I believe all the SR5 4Runners had that and all the rest were some for of DLX.

Here's a VIN decoder to tell for sure: http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/faq/vin/

Also, here is the option list for the 87s:

Taken from here: http://www.top4runners.com/ja/runhist1.html

Hopefully that answers some of your questions. You definitely have a DLX though.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See thread
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...ticker-116246/