Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Warn rock crawler front bumper on a 4RUNNER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
yep, time for some 26mm T-bars

looks good man! great job on it!
Old 09-03-2009, 04:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Guys!!

Originally Posted by MaK92-4RnR
bumper alone ( not including the winch and what not ) how much did it cost?
i bought it off of gowarn.com they have the best prices and good customer service i bought the winch and everything from there except for the lights

Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder
yep, time for some 26mm T-bars

looks good man! great job on it!
haha you said it but i kinda like it with stock t-bars because it rides so much smoother and as long as your dont go crazy you wont bottom out very much
Old 09-03-2009, 04:29 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Yea Thats a nice looking Bumper , the lights look cool to.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:37 PM

Thanks man
Old 09-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Contributing Member

nice job on the bumper! I always wondered if this would fit the 4runner because they only advertise it for the taco, nice work Robatt! I bet it feels good to get the brush guard off and get a real bumper on, and a winch no less! I see in your avatar pic when you were still running the brush guard, looks like the WAAG kind that I had before, or maybe a MANIK...
it's like night and day how much nicer a real bumper is! Yours looks super clean you did a great job on the install too
Old 09-03-2009, 09:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've been on the fence about this bumper for a while now, but seeing it on your 4Runner has sold me on it. I quite like it. I was worried about it sticking out too far and didn't like the bar at first, but your truck looks great with it on.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by taikowaza
nice job on the bumper! I always wondered if this would fit the 4runner because they only advertise it for the taco, nice work Robatt! I bet it feels good to get the brush guard off and get a real bumper on, and a winch no less! I see in your avatar pic when you were still running the brush guard, looks like the WAAG kind that I had before, or maybe a MANIK...
it's like night and day how much nicer a real bumper is! Yours looks super clean you did a great job on the install too
thanks man yea i was ready to get something heavy duty on there im happy the way it turned out

Originally Posted by RobD
I've been on the fence about this bumper for a while now, but seeing it on your 4Runner has sold me on it. I quite like it. I was worried about it sticking out too far and didn't like the bar at first, but your truck looks great with it on.
thanks yeah how far it stuck out was really keeping me guessing if i wanted it or not but now that its on its perfect but i htink it looks the best on a lifted truck though it might look just too big on a stock one but im not sure
Old 10-19-2009, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would that bumper fit on the 86-88 trucks and 86-89 4runners also? Did your front-end sag at all?

Last edited by yotaman90; 10-19-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
guess i really am the only guy on here that likes a bumper that sticks out a little ways..lol..

if you get one that sticks out a ways..you can use it to stand on while your workin under the hood of your rig..my bumper will have to stick out at least 8-10"..maybe even more..LOL gotta have room for some big 'ol HID's..(9in around..6in deep)

the bumper looks AMAZING on your rig though man!!!!!! maybe i can find a used bumper somewhere
Old 10-19-2009, 10:03 PM

That bumper does look really good on a 2nd gen 4runner
Old 10-20-2009, 05:02 AM

that looks sick!! damn im going to have to buy one now..damn you!!!!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by yotaman90
Would that bumper fit on the 86-88 trucks and 86-89 4runners also? Did your front-end sag at all?
no the front end didnt sag much at all i think mainly because its stiffer up front because of the lift. The added wieght up front makes the ride so much better and handle alot better on the interstate too it makes a big difference and feels weird at first
Old 10-20-2009, 09:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
As others have said, it looks awesome. I'm not a big fan of extensive tubing, so I really like the "minimalist" design of the bumper, especially how the winch is mostly hidden. Very nice!
Old 10-20-2009, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by camo31"10.50"
guess i really am the only guy on here that likes a bumper that sticks out a little ways..lol..

if you get one that sticks out a ways..you can use it to stand on while your workin under the hood of your rig..my bumper will have to stick out at least 8-10"..maybe even more..LOL gotta have room for some big 'ol HID's..(9in around..6in deep)

the bumper looks AMAZING on your rig though man!!!!!! maybe i can find a used bumper somewhere
haha thanks man im happy with it and i do stand on it whenever i have to do anything... its pretty nice
Old 10-20-2009, 01:33 PM

Love your truck and bumper. I think for. 2wd it would
be overkill. I gues Ill go for the pre-runner look with an addicted tube bumper. I love that Warn one though
Old 10-20-2009, 01:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm so jealous. I'd love me a deer smasher like that.

Makes me want a 4runner too.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalR6
Love your truck and bumper. I think for. 2wd it would
be overkill. I gues Ill go for the pre-runner look with an addicted tube bumper. I love that Warn one though
haha yeah maybe thanks prerunners look sick anyway

Originally Posted by Monochrome
As others have said, it looks awesome. I'm not a big fan of extensive tubing, so I really like the "minimalist" design of the bumper, especially how the winch is mostly hidden. Very nice!
thank you yea i def think it is the best looking winch bumper out there and i like how the top of the winch sticks out the top of the bumper
Old 02-13-2010, 05:52 PM

I just bought a 94 runner with this bumper already installed. You're right that the turn signals don't fit. So I compared them to the signals on my 94 pickup, the runner signals are bigger. Guess it's off to you-pull-it for some truck signals.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Frankie5Fingers
I just bought a 94 runner with this bumper already installed. You're right that the turn signals don't fit. So I compared them to the signals on my 94 pickup, the runner signals are bigger. Guess it's off to you-pull-it for some truck signals.
they will still fit the ones you see on my 4runner are 4runner turn signals all you do is line up the outside screw on each turn signal and it will hold them in place. You can see in the pictures that only one screw is showing for each turn signal.

Last edited by RoBatt; 02-15-2010 at 07:24 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by RoBatt
they will still fit the ones you see on my 4runner are 4runner turn signals all you do is line up the outside screw on each turn signal and it will hold them in place. You can see in the pictures that only one screw is showing for each turn signal.
Ya that's what the PO has done and they have kinda fallen to a diagonal/half hidden position. I was thinking I could put a small screw in from the back to hold the fallen side up, that may be the case until I get down to the junkyard and find a decent pair of truck signals. Thank you though.

Quick Reply: Warn rock crawler front bumper on a 4RUNNER!!!