Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Viper security system win

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 06:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Viper security system win

Theres a great car audio shop in my town that helped me out with some things.

First I had them install a viper system with 2 way remote start key fob. Key fob Model 7756B. Alarm/Computer Model 4706V

So now I have a decent security system that has a ignition kill switch, remote start, and the chirps.

What happened with my rear tailgate (1987 4runner), upon initial installation. You could open the rear tailgate and the alarm would not trip.

Now I had no idea what they did... but they wired my truck up so that my 3 switches (window lock, rear wiper, and rear window switch) all worked without a key in the ignition. This let my truck read signal from the rear door to let the viper system know that my rear door was open or closed. So now my rear door works just like my driver and passenger door. I know what they did involved wiring with the "B" Bolt from the hardtop bolts.

While they were in there, I had them wire up my AUX button on my key fob to roll down my rear window. Then they wired my AUX function 1 button to roll it back up.

Now I can unlock/lock, start or turn off my truck AND roll down my back window or roll it back up by pressing buttons on my key fob (which has a mile range). The key fob is rechargable, and takes about 2 or 3 months for the battery to get low.

If you know wiring, which I dont, you can do this for pretty cheap. The key fob window rolling up and down is worth it alone, I dont even use the key switch in the tailgate anymore and barely use the center console button.

Anyways, this is just an option for yall to explore. If youd like to contact them to see what they did, the shop is called Soundwaves in Bartlett TN

The key fob button for rolling up and down the rear window is super nice for when youre sleeping in the back, or walking up to your car at home depot or anywhere. Start rolling the window down on the walk up to your 4runnner and its down by the time you get there.

function 2 and 3 can be wired to your windows if you have power windows. I dont

Last edited by dbbowen; 05-23-2016 at 12:36 PM.