Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

V6 ifs gear and locker question

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 01:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
V6 ifs gear and locker question

Aloha from Hawaii!

I have a 91 Pickup V6 5speed manual 4wd with IFS and automatic locking hubs but changing to manual very soon.

Trying to learn as much as I can while building my truck..

Im at the point where I want to throw 33's on my 4" pro comp lifted pickup. I want to change my gears to the 4.88's. I probably won't ever go bigger than 33's so 4.88s will be fine for the long run. I know I can put a locker in the rear but can I in the front with ifs? i believe the front is a 7.5" and the rear is a 8". Can someone help me with this info please? Looking at trailgears 4.88 ring and pinion with a yukon grizzly locker in the rear but what about the front? can a locker be added to the front with ifs? or only the back? Any feedback about which brand gears and lockers from your experience is also welcomed! thanks appreciate any help you can give
Old 02-22-2016, 05:58 PM
ZUK

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Yes, you can put a number of lockers in the front....arb....truetrac.....supra lsd......spartan and probably others.
http://www.drivetrainshop.com/Toyota_7_5_s/120.htm

I recommend the Spartan. I also recommend G2 gears for you. If you get in over your head and can't get the gears in then you can always send your 3rd to me and I can do it professionally.
Ken