YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 86-95 Trucks & 4Runners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Throttle cable???

Where can I get a throttle cable for my 88 pickup (22R-E)? I have looked at the aftermarket stores online and can't find a vehicle specific one. I also tried looking at the Toyota OEM parts supliers online and can't find them either...

Has anyone ever had to replace theirs and used a new one (not a salvage part)? Any direction here would be greatly appreciated as mine is fraying and I am worried it is going to break! Thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
quiggs12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:33 PM   #2

Any throttle cable from 84 - 88 truck or 4Runner with a 22RE will work on your truck. When i got my 86 4Runner i has to replace the throttle cable because it was frayed and would stick open, i found a good one at pic n pull and replaced it, that was two years ago and its still working as good as new.

Solid Axle Swap, 5'' lift, 37x12.50-15 MTR`s, Trail Gear High Steer, 5 speed manual swap, InchWorm Duel Cases, 63'' Chevy Springs In The Rear, 5'' Trail Gear Springs In Front, 27 Spline Chromoly Axles In Front, 4.88 Gears, Detroit Locker In The Rear, High Pinion Front With An ARB, Downey Header, AFM Upgrade, 95 Amp Alternator, Trail Gear Sliders, Addicted Offroad Front Bumper.
myyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:37 PM   #3
Threadstarter [OP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyota View Post
Any throttle cable from 84 - 88 truck or 4Runner with a 22RE will work on your truck. When i got my 86 4Runner i has to replace the throttle cable because it was frayed and would stick open, i found a good one at pic n pull and replaced it, that was two years ago and its still working as good as new.
I realize that but I live in Maine and we are about to get hit with 12-18 inches of snow so I really don't want to go to a salvage yard. Something must be available new, right? Thanks
Old 12-26-2010, 02:12 PM   #4

If you want a new throttle cable, you can try your local parts store or a toyota dealer, thats about it.

Solid Axle Swap, 5'' lift, 37x12.50-15 MTR`s, Trail Gear High Steer, 5 speed manual swap, InchWorm Duel Cases, 63'' Chevy Springs In The Rear, 5'' Trail Gear Springs In Front, 27 Spline Chromoly Axles In Front, 4.88 Gears, Detroit Locker In The Rear, High Pinion Front With An ARB, Downey Header, AFM Upgrade, 95 Amp Alternator, Trail Gear Sliders, Addicted Offroad Front Bumper.
myyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:02 PM   #5
Threadstarter [OP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyota View Post
If you want a new throttle cable, you can try your local parts store or a toyota dealer, thats about it.
I don't think you read or understood my question...

I looked at both an aftermarket parts store (autozone, advance auto) and an OEM parts store (toyotapartscheap.com, 1sttoyotaparts.com) and can't seem to find it! I am wondering if anyone has bought the actual part before or if they know whether or not this is a part that can be bought (vehicle specific) somewhere specifc. I am not looking for a guess, but thanks.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:51 AM   #6
Threadstarter [OP]

This is my part number 78180-89141

Is 1sttoyotaparts the cheapest place to look?
Old 12-27-2010, 04:51 AM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1986, 4runner, 7818089141, 86, 88, cable, forrunner, order, stick, sticks, throtle, throttle, throttlecable, toyota, truck