Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

SWEET rare 2nd gen headlight covers on ebay w/ 5hrs left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation SWEET rare 2nd gen headlight covers on ebay w/ 5hrs left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOT...spagenameZWDVW

I bought some of these and love them and they are real sturdy!!
good buy in my opinion!

Heres a pic of them on my truck

Just thought I would let everyone know as they havent been bid on yet and are as of now only 10 bucks!

Regards!
Old 01-24-2008, 04:14 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Swanky.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:26 PM

I would love to have these!
Old 01-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
my brother just took a set off his truck.... i dont think they look that cool. PM Doomist here on the boards.. maybe he'll sell them to you. lol
Old 01-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Contributing Member

They may not be the best looking solution, but the ones I have have saved my Hellas countless times, over the years!
Old 01-24-2008, 06:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
somebody got 'em

hey johnsenpa, what are those nipple lookin' thinks on your bumper, next to the turn signals?

oh, and the site you use to post pics has tons of pop-ups, very annoying
Old 01-24-2008, 07:16 PM

right on
what is a better site to use for pics?
Oh and those"nipple looking things" are (big ass bolts) which I had to run through the brackets on one side because, when cutting and trimming up the lower lips of the bumper to make room to slide the grate up the brackets to get the bottom end set against the frame as far as possible; I ended up cutting the weld off. So my 30 second solution was finding a massive bolt to ram through it. So I just put one through the other side to for aesthetics. I realize some may likes the covers and some may not put I have had many people ask where I got them, and snce i just saw em on ebay I thought I would shout out to the people here incase they wanted em. I ike them and the suit my needs, and they were a couple bucks so it's just crap to tinker with.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by thook
Swanky.
HAHAHA indeed swankin down the catwalk
Old 01-24-2008, 07:28 PM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Are these some special Toyota version? They're a dime a dozen in JC Whitney, Stylin concepts, etc ...
Old 01-24-2008, 07:32 PM

I won the bid guys. I hope i'll like them.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:51 PM

Dang, I live next to the JC Whitney Distributions warehouse/retail store and I never found these there, but then again I wasn't really looking all to hard for these there. I much prefer everything second hand. I like getting stuff for nothing and turning it in to something like that scrap junk on my front bumper, it might not be all that useful, but it's fun messing around with stuff and finding unique uses for it. But yeah anyways on topic... I was shocked at how they fit like a glove and how sturdy they are. Wont stand up to a shot from a lousville slugger but will definitely take anything a logger could kick up coming down the last stretch of a mountain.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:40 AM

They fit like a glove because that's a very standard sized headlight...

And a very cheap headlight to replace too.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by ovrrdrive

YEs tat is the common sense rationalization, but I much prefer to think that they were destined for my 4runner
Old 01-25-2008, 07:00 PM

they are only cheap to replace if you have cheap headlights, i think my hella's were about $35 each
Old 01-25-2008, 08:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow, dunno about you guys, but i hate how those look, a dude with an 88' i know has em.. .so fugly...
Old 01-25-2008, 08:44 PM

yeah i dc for em ery mu8ch. if you do, sick.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by johnsenpa
YEs tat is the common sense rationalization, but I much prefer to think that they were destined for my 4runner
Ottawa IL!!!

I fully expect to see that runner at the cliffs for the Chicago Toyota Jamboree!
Old 01-26-2008, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by b.miller123
they are only cheap to replace if you have cheap headlights, i think my hella's were about $35 each
Point taken... I'm actually looking around for upgraded headlight now too. Are the Hella's worth that kind of premium?

Are those the ones that after you change the housing you can use the newer style bulbs in?
Old 01-26-2008, 05:13 AM
Contributing Member

why not just use that clear gaurd that sticks on the headlight? i'd show you a pic but you can't see them on my blue headlights. they have saved me so many times and they are very stylish cause you cant see them. and by the way, photobucket has no pop ups for photo posting website.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:45 PM

Point taken... I'm actually looking around for upgraded headlight now too. Are the Hella's worth that kind of premium?

Are those the ones that after you change the housing you can use the newer style bulbs in?
yeah, they make it so that when the h4 bulb goes out, you just replace it with another one, they should come with regular hella h4 bulbs too, you can get them here:

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/200mm.asp

The ones that I have are the dot legal ones, some say the e-code ones are better, but I'd rather not worry about it, and I'm happy with them. I guess that the only difference is that the e-code ones don't have the aiming nipples on the front, and the dot ones also throw some extra light up and to the right to light up street signs, oh, and the e-codes are usually a little more expensive for some reason, guess that's up to you,

The cheapest I found them was actually on ebay, there was a guy selling them for $75 or so, came with the bulbs and boots too, I don't know if the site I put up gives you the boots or not

Is it worth the $80 or so, yes!!! it's a much better improvement over stock, and you can throw any kind of bulb you want in there, and when one burns out, you don't have to pull the grill and remove the whole light assembly, The light output is much better than stock, esp if you've got old bulbs in there now, and I am not sure, but I'll bet they are better than the $8 halogens that you can get at the parts store,

most of the other "h4 conversions" that I've seen, like roundeyes or whatever they sell at the parts store or walmart, they are all either just about the same price or more than the hella's, I trust the engineering and manufacturing from hella, not so much with no-name brands, I'm pretty sure that these are still made in germany too (My box said they were, but that was a 1 1/2 years ago) unlike the new 500's which are being mae in taiwan or something

Originally Posted by Belize Off Road Team
why not just use that clear gaurd that sticks on the headlight? i'd show you a pic but you can't see them on my blue headlights. they have saved me so many times and they are very stylish cause you cant see them. and by the way, photobucket has no pop ups for photo posting website.
yeah, I've actually thought about that too, whenever I get off my lazy butt I might go get some of that stuff

for the record: I think that these things (mesh guards) look good on some rigs and not-so-good on others, it just depends on the truck

Quick Reply: SWEET rare 2nd gen headlight covers on ebay w/ 5hrs left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!