Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Selling a Toyota pickup

Old 11-28-2016, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Selling a Toyota pickup

I have a 1994 Toyota Pick up ext cab 3.0 automatic 4x4 had a new Water Pump/Timing belt installed
approx. 3 months ago replaced cat 2yrs ago The frame is great no rot, bed isn't rotted but kinda banged up
and the truck is white door,right fender is grey primer, needs shocks and some mechanical work nothing serious, I am not a mechanic
and its become a money pit and just tired of playing around with it..Really don't want to get rid of it but between reg fees/taxes/ins it just not worth keeping around but its been reliable for the most part Its not showroom new .lol, My question is how much should
I ask for it ? Any response be greatly appreciated
Old 11-28-2016, 12:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pictures?
Old 11-28-2016, 12:58 PM

Received 820 Likes on 648 Posts
The prices (values?) of pickups are VERY regional. I'd suggest you mosey around your local Craigslist and see what others are asking (and don't think they are GETTING what they are asking).

For what it's worth, I've found (here in SF Bay Area) that dealers often give a lower asking price. I guess they want to get you in the door, and then hold firm on the price. But if you're asking $5,000 and your potential buyers pull out an ad listing a similar one for $1,900, you know they aren't likely to bite.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:06 AM
RSR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dealers generally pay at least $1k under market/retail rates. They need to compensate their sales guys (likely commission) as well as pay detail, etc, team to work the vehicle on lot, but more likely than not it's going to auction where some used car dealer will buy at wholesale and need at least $500 profit...

Plus of dealer sales is that if any issues, they won't come back accusing you of hiding some defect, etc.

Search this Thread