Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Selling my '93 x-cab, whats a fair asking price?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Selling my '93 x-cab, whats a fair asking price?

Ok people,

I am going to sell the Toyota and want to get an idea of what it would be worth. I can't get a good idea of the value since I have so much money and time invested into it.

Its a 1993 Toyota X-Cab, DLX model, 22R-E, 5spd, 4Wd, fiberglass shell and a brand new in July $2200 base/clear paint job that is flawless. New front and rear factory chrome bumpers and a new factory hitch and harness. The frame is rust-free and has never been damaged. New winshield last year. 247,000 showing on odometer, but 80,000 + miles on rebuild with all Toyota parts, new clutch at rebuild. The trans has a new top plate and shifter bushings, front and rear differential have around 20,000 miles on them. The front diff has Yukon 4.56's and a lock-rite, the rear diff has Yukon 4.56's and a True-trac, it is out of a 1998 four-runner with a V-6 so it has the larger pinion diameter and bearings. The carriers were completely rebuilt using Toyota bearings and seals. I Replaced the right rear axle bearing too. The exhaust is also from a 2nd gen V6 four-runner, only from the cat-back. New exhaust downpipe at the time too. New O2 sensor and coolant temp sensor for the EFI. Newer factory shocks, 2" rough country rear add-a-leafs ,fresh upper ball joints, new idler arm, new relay rod, recent alignment, 32-11.5-15" BFG All-Terrains with 60% remaining and NO tire wearing issues, Eagle alloy wheels 15x8, new factory radiator, recent replacement of the a/c dryer, high pressure line, expansion valve and evaporator replaced all a/c seals and converted to R-134. Eclipse head unit, 500 watt Rockford amp pushing a 12" sub, MB Quartz 6" seperats with external cross-overs in the front and rear utilizing a MTX 400 watt amp. I know I am missing some stuff here, but the truck is nearly new and I have every reciept from every purchase since 2000.

Last edited by mr_schuster; 04-02-2008 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jeez sounds like you should hold onto it lol.

Rob
Old 04-02-2008, 10:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sounds like a nice truck $5-6k
Old 04-02-2008, 10:43 AM

As nice as it is I think norcal is right.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:16 AM

The farther north that truck goes the higher you can ask.....we are dying for rust free trucks up here.
$5k sounds right for the south and Cali were there aren't rust issues but, similar trucks do sell for higher up here.
You could easily get $6-7k here......and I believe I have seen our Canadian brothers chime in on past trucks at higher numbers than that.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:49 PM

$5000.

Here in the PNW any rig with over 150k miles tends to take awhile to sell if theyre in the $5500+ range. Theres 2 on CL right now, one at $6550, the other $7750. Both are flawless, rebuilt engines, lots of accessories, but way too much.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:40 PM

piece of junk, sell it to me for 50$...

lol jk man, i love it, looks sweet! up here in quebec canada id say 5-6k easy for that condition.

but ya i think u should keep it to. u mind sharing why u wanna sell it? looks and sounds like u put you heart into that thing
Old 04-03-2008, 05:34 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
That's a really nice truck. Why sell it, Mr. Schuster?

Around here, with the economy, you'd probably get $4k-$6k. People are looking for good, reliable, and economic vehicles. And, Toyotas.....especially trucks....seem to be very popular. I see quite a few of them driving about. But, I'd advertise in as wide an area as your willing to deal with and go higher....atleast to start. Consider targeting a specific interest group, even. Folks that need utility vehicles.

Good luck to you.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by thook
That's a really nice truck. Why sell it, Mr. Schuster?

Around here, with the economy, you'd probably get $4k-$6k. People are looking for good, reliable, and economic vehicles. And, Toyotas.....especially trucks....seem to be very popular. I see quite a few of them driving about. But, I'd advertise in as wide an area as your willing to deal with and go higher....atleast to start. Consider targeting a specific interest group, even. Folks that need utility vehicles.

Good luck to you.
I am selling it because I have two kids under two, and it doesn't suite my needs any longer. When I didn't have kids, I liked to work on it all the time and enjoyed driving it. Now I have a "family truckster" and a camry. The poor old truck gets driven 20-30 miles a month while going to the dump, hauling a mower to my parents or taking the dogs to the vet. It has become a driveway ornament and is of little use to me now. After I painted it I decided never to go off-road again. So, DON'T paint your trucks people. I also found an 85 Solid axle x-cab EFI 22 R-E 5spd. 4wd that needs a timing chain for $1300.

Where are you in Arkansas, my wife is from Mt. Ida. Its a little dot on a map kinda place, but beautiful. Have you ever been here before in Hot Springs...http://www.orvpark.com/
Old 04-03-2008, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by mr_schuster
The poor old truck gets driven 20-30 miles a month while going to the dump, hauling a mower to my parents or taking the dogs to the vet. It has become a driveway ornament and is of little use to me now.
Hey I'm in the same boat! We are expecting our first child in September, and the Yota will be going because it just won't get used very much. As of right now it is our 4th car lol.

Rob
Old 04-03-2008, 06:24 AM

Suddenly I am reconsidering the wisdom of getting engaged.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:32 AM

Well it's my choice to sell it. My wife doesn't care. I don't drive it to work because it gets crap gas mileage, and with no way to haul a baby/small kid it just won't get used very much. Plus it's just outdated and slow haha.

Sorry for hijacking mr schuster. Good luck with your sale.

Rob

Last edited by rdlsz24; 04-03-2008 at 06:33 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:38 AM

Ohh good I have a 4Runner so hauling a kid (eventually) won't be a problem.
Sorry to see you selling Mr_schuster. To me the worst part about selling is the fear that the next owner won't appreciate the vehicle the way you did.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:43 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by mr_schuster
I am selling it because I have two kids under two, and it doesn't suite my needs any longer. When I didn't have kids, I liked to work on it all the time and enjoyed driving it. Now I have a "family truckster" and a camry. The poor old truck gets driven 20-30 miles a month while going to the dump, hauling a mower to my parents or taking the dogs to the vet. It has become a driveway ornament and is of little use to me now. After I painted it I decided never to go off-road again. So, DON'T paint your trucks people. I also found an 85 Solid axle x-cab EFI 22 R-E 5spd. 4wd that needs a timing chain for $1300.

Where are you in Arkansas, my wife is from Mt. Ida. Its a little dot on a map kinda place, but beautiful. Have you ever been here before in Hot Springs...http://www.orvpark.com/
Yep....marriage, children....changes everything. I don't have children, but I am married and operate an animal sanctuary (children of a different species ) here on our ten acres....in Winslow. So, I don't get out camping, hiking, and doing that sort of thing like I used to. But, hey....I live in the wooded hills, now. Not much different...lol! And to illustrate change, I went from having VW Westfalia camper (ultimate hippy camper) to a 4x4 SUV....two, to be exact.

We're 20+miles south of Fayetteville.....several hours N of Hot Springs and Mt. Ida. I haven't been to Ida or Hot Springs in over 15yrs., but I've never been to Orv. I don't go wheeling, anyway....not then and not now. Not only not enough time, but the gas and associated damage is too expensive.

Last time I was in that area, I lived in Memphis....where I grew up, mostly....and a good friend's friend was from there. So, we went to visit her family, camp out at Lake Quachita, do some skinny dipping, and do some rope swing diving at a nearby rock quarry. You're right....it is beautiful around there.(They could stand to loose the chiggers, though. First and only time I've ever gotten them. A ferocious breed, there) We also went about town in HS a caught some late night jazz over pizza. Neat place....and not nearly as wound up as Memphis. Although, I did enjoy Memphis. It's the people you know that make all the difference.

Anyway, nice of you to ask. How'd you're wife end up in NC from Arky?

And, the '85 sounds great. Yet, another fun project, eh? Maybe that will get driven more?...lol!

Last edited by thook; 04-03-2008 at 06:48 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:26 AM

I would say $5500-6000 up above you in Missouri. I also have a wife from Arkansas, fort smith to be more accurate. It is nice country down that way but you guys can keep the heat. Nothing like an august day in the Fort after a small rain shower, the humidity makes it hard to breath. Oh and that is a very nice truck, how is the interior?
Old 04-03-2008, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by irish80prf
I would say $5500-6000 up above you in Missouri. I also have a wife from Arkansas, fort smith to be more accurate. It is nice country down that way but you guys can keep the heat. Nothing like an august day in the Fort after a small rain shower, the humidity makes it hard to breath. Oh and that is a very nice truck, how is the interior?
Interior is perfect, except for the common tear in the driver seat. You know the one that occurs from getting in and out of the truck. I have expensive seat covers, but only installed the passenger side so far. I'm gonna post some pics today maybe tommorrow.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:50 PM

Wow My kids married, & now i can Keep my yote