86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Seafoam question

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seafoam question

I did all the options with the Seafoam. Put it in the gas tank, the vacuum line at the brake booster and put some in my oil. I was going to change my oil after 600 miles of driving with the Seafoam in.

Heres my problem I Dislocated my shoulder and now may need surgery. I have gone 700+ miles since putting it in. Is that bad for my engine? It will be a little while before I can get it changed. None of my friends will help me out and do it. See if I ever fix their cars for them again! I can't afford to pay anywhere to do it. Basically I just want to make sure I'm notgoing hurt anything.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hell id do it for ya but im all the way in hillsboro.

I dont think it would be bad but im not 100% sure on that.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tubbyfatty
Hell id do it for ya but im all the way in hillsboro.

I dont think it would be bad but im not 100% sure on that.
Thanks. If I get desperate I might give you gas money to come do it. I will find out soon if I need surgery. If I do then I might get desperate. Whats messed up is I have so many friends that I have dropped what I am doing to help them out. Never happening again!!
Old 07-01-2009, 03:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
no its not bad, you can run it for as long as you can stand it, just cleans more, i just wouldent push it past like 1500, theres a seafoam thread on here that answers allllll questions
Old 07-01-2009, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lummpus
Thanks. If I get desperate I might give you gas money to come do it. I will find out soon if I need surgery. If I do then I might get desperate. Whats messed up is I have so many friends that I have dropped what I am doing to help them out. Never happening again!!
Yea that Seafoam thread is like 15 pages or more i think.

Just shoot me a pm when you know whats up. I know exactly what you mean, I have so many friends that I help out and when I need a ride somewhere cause my truck is down, no one helps.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Contributing Member

I don't think it'll hurt your engine at all.
I just checked out their site and there weren't any warnings or anything on it about changing the oil at a certain interval.

Good luck with your surgery if you need it.
I dislocated my knee two years ago and it still hurts every now and then.

Fink
Old 07-01-2009, 03:28 PM

I think it will be fine.

I won't eat away any seals.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tubbyfatty
Yea that Seafoam thread is like 15 pages or more i think.

Just shoot me a pm when you know whats up. I know exactly what you mean, I have so many friends that I help out and when I need a ride somewhere cause my truck is down, no one helps.
Thanks a lot I'll pm you if I need a hand.

Originally Posted by 4x4Fink
I don't think it'll hurt your engine at all.
I just checked out their site and there weren't any warnings or anything on it about changing the oil at a certain interval.

Good luck with your surgery if you need it.
I dislocated my knee two years ago and it still hurts every now and then.

Fink
Yeah its no fun. this isn't the first time I've dislocated it. Problem is now its real unstable. If I put weight on it it pops right back out.

Thanks again to everyone!
Old 07-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks a lot I'll pm you if I need a hand.

Yeah its no fun. this isn't the first time I've dislocated it. Problem is now its real unstable. If I put weight on it it pops right back out.

Thanks again to everyone!
Yup - when I went to the orthopedist after mine he said that my patellar groove (the open cup that the knee cap covers) is much shallower than most.
Which means I am more prone to it than most.

We'll see how many years it is before I have another one pop out - it's only happened once and my God it hurt.

That was before I had any medical training at all - if it happens again and I have alcohol in the house, I may just pop it back in myself....

Fink
Old 07-01-2009, 03:48 PM

Yup - when I went to the orthopedist after mine he said that my patellar groove (the open cup that the knee cap covers) is much shallower than most.
Which means I am more prone to it than most.

We'll see how many years it is before I have another one pop out - it's only happened once and my God it hurt.

That was before I had any medical training at all - if it happens again and I have alcohol in the house, I may just pop it back in myself....

Fink
Yeah I have had knee problems for years. Tore the ligaments 3 times, I feel your pain. I can't even count how many times I have reset my shoulder myself, its never fun. this time by far has been the worst though. I thought I had it in but had a Xray and found it wasn't. it took the Dr. 3 trys to get it back in. its been 2 weeks since it happened and still hurts BAD, pain pills aren't even helping.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah I have had knee problems for years. Tore the ligaments 3 times, I feel your pain. I can't even count how many times I have reset my shoulder myself, its never fun. this time by far has been the worst though. I thought I had it in but had a Xray and found it wasn't. it took the Dr. 3 trys to get it back in. its been 2 weeks since it happened and still hurts BAD, pain pills aren't even helping.
Do you have a brace on it?
I've been thinking about taking Glucosamine and seeing if that helps - I've heard it works wonders.
I bought a huge bottle of it at Sam's about 4 months ago but I'm always afraid of taking more stuff than I need.

Fink
Old 07-01-2009, 04:13 PM

Do you have a brace on it?
I've been thinking about taking Glucosamine and seeing if that helps - I've heard it works wonders.
I bought a huge bottle of it at Sam's about 4 months ago but I'm always afraid of taking more stuff than I need.

Fink
I have a few different knee braces. the best one I have is a hinged sport brace. it prevents me from hyperextending my knee. I have osteoarthritis in my knee.
Glucosamine helps I was taking it for about 2 year and after about a month I could feel the difference. Its been about 6 months since I took it and the pain is starting to return. I was taking 1000mg a day. I need to get more.

check out this link it will tell you a little about it. If you already have it TAKE IT! if you have chronic knee pain like I do it will help.

http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/herb...lucosamine.htm
Old 07-01-2009, 04:24 PM

nah, it won't hurt anything. like yoterr said the longer it's in the more it cleans. obviously don't go over 3,000 miles because it's in there, but don't stress it being in there either.

by the way, find some new friends....
Old 07-01-2009, 07:58 PM

I left seafoam in oil for about 80-100miles, cleaned up pretty well.

I have seen few guys going 1k-1.5k before oil change, no issue and still none since, cleaned up a lot gunk and said to be running better afterward, but I typically stick with lower mile, doesn't take long to get it cleaned well especially with Seafoam.

Last edited by What?; 07-01-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:17 AM

Man, I wouldn't have put it in there at all in the first place. Seafoam is modern day snake oil. If you change the oil regularly and take care of your engine it won't benefit from seafoam at all.

I'd get it out of there...

I've been in your situation before as well when it comes to helping out everyone and no one being there when you need them. It sucks and after a while you just stop going out of your way for people unless they help you first. I'm to the point I almost feel guilty when someone does something for me, but I still help out others all the time. It's a strange world...
Old 07-03-2009, 07:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't sound like friends at all...sounds like "aquaintences".

I'd be glad to give you a hand,but Im here in South/east,Pa.

Surgery for a dislocated shoulder?
I disloctaed mine years ago in a bad mmotorcyle accident.
Doc popped her back in...been good ever since.
Hope ya feel better...and I agree w/the other guys. Leaving the Seafoam in for a bit longer couldn't hurt,but definetly should try to get it out before to many miles go by.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:06 AM

I heard seafoam will lower your emissions in order to pass a smog test?

Is this true?

Thank you...
Old 07-03-2009, 12:12 PM

Sorry to hear about your "friends". I wouldn't worry about the seafoam at all. Just change your oil when it is normally due. The only thing you might hurt driving it is your shoulder when shifting or steering.

I had surgery on my left shoulder. I've had both shoulders dislocated but the left one came out several times later boogie boarding then tore the labrium in it stopping a car from falling into the "pit" I worked in at the time.

With orthoscopic surgery you'll get some nice pictures of your insides to post up.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by geminiroq
I heard seafoam will lower your emissions in order to pass a smog test?

Is this true?

Thank you...
I failed after using it and after using the pass or your money back stuff in the bottle. I might work if you are close to the numbers but it won't do miracles.

Also I took off my intake after both and it was filthy.