Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Replacement Catalytic Convertor & Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacement Catalytic Convertor & Rebuild

Hi,

I have a 1994 Toyota Pickup DLX V6 and need a replacement Catalytic convertor. I bought a magnaflow that was supposed to be a direct fit, but it looks like they sent me a universal.

I need a direct fit with the o2 sensor hole and would like a performance one. Does anyone have any idea if the actual magnaflow direct fit model has the o2 hole??? How hard was it to install, etc...

I just bought that truck, it is a 1994 V6/DLX with 36,000 miles!!! It has no rust and is in good shape but the clear coat is falling off i'm having it repainted and when I bought it, the tires were slashed and the cat cut off, which is why I am doing this.

I paid $1,500 for the truck, it has a perfect sounding engine. It is 1 owner purchased new and lightly driven.

I plan on having it repainted, having a couple small dimples in the body taken out, and installing a nice but not extreme bluetooth radio, alarm, etc...

It also needs a new a carpet because the previous owner was a moron and bled all over the carpet, but thankfully not the seats.

What should I do with this truck and how much do you think it might be worth? My goal is to restore it to new condition. Any thoughts?
Old 04-16-2011, 05:23 PM

Is the spot where the cat is supposed to be have the flanges for the exhaust so you can bolt up a direct fit cat? Or was a saw used to get it out?

The o2 sensor bung is located before the cat in the exhaust piping itself. If you dont have that then the perp that stole the cat might have hacked that off as well if they used a saw.

I just bought a new $101 Walker direct fit cat from Rock Auto and it bolted right up no problems. I got a whole new Walker exhaust from crossover to tailpipe for right under $260. I need the quiet muffler and I want the "stock" cat so thats why its a little bit more pricey.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:32 PM

Thanks

I'm from Pittsburgh too! But i live in NJ...

That info helped a TON!!!

Yes, he hacked off the whole thing and I was going to buy the pipe. Any info on headers?

I might want to do the whole thing now. I bought the pacesetter exaust system, so I might as well do the whole thing. I'm going for the performance thing, since I think that someone that buys this truck will appreciate that and so will I.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:24 PM

Going to have to search for headers but I believe they are out there for the 3.0, I didnt want to mess with header fitment and whatnot so just went with all stock everything. Better for resale IMO.

So is the o2 hanging there or is that gone as well? If not there I would check to make sure he didnt snip it before the connection. Get a stock Denso ONLY if you buy another one. I got that also when I did the piping for $42 from Rock Auto as well.

If you dont want to deal with shipping and whatnot the local Autozone/Advance Auto should match prices, which is what mine did for some stuff I thought I might have had to return.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:32 PM

pacesetter exhaust is junk. doug thorley and LCE make good headers. for a muffler, i personally like the sound of the flowmaster better. but thats just my opinion. links in my sig i have the DT header and a flowmaster. i even noticed a bit of hp gain with the header
Old 04-17-2011, 01:38 PM

Thanks

Thanks for the info.

I think this sorted out the issues and i'll take your advice on the exaust.