YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 86-95 Trucks & 4Runners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Exclamation replaced clutch system still doesn't work

So replaced the slave cylinder,master cylinder,clutch,pressure plate. and bled the system. and still my clutch pedal goes to the floor and i try to put it in first and it doesn't go into gear, obviously because the clutch is not engaging.

what are some things that maybe i should have done that would have been normal practice, like adjustments and or standard practices?

Can the lever on the tranny be messed up?
can i adjust the clutch pedal too far?

some things that might help: the lever by the tranny that the slave cylinder piston makes contact with still moves. and also when the truck is off i can still go through the gears.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-18-2012, 06:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

A lil more info could be helpful Year model, engine etc.... You will always be able to go thru the gears when truck isnt running.... So... Does the pedal go to the floor easily, and stay there? Is there any pressure in the pedal, or it moves freely? If it moves freely, and the pedal stays at the floor, u need to bleed that bad boy more. Otherwise... Have you checked the clutch pedal bracket? I had mine break on my p/u a few years back and it wouldnt let me go into gear. I ended up just welding it back together in the truck....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

sorry bout that. it is a 1990 3vze motor with a standard transmission, hydraulic clutch.. yes it goes to the floor but comes back up when i let go. just has no pressure when i press down. see i thought bracket too, but why would the lever on the tranny still move i will check out the brackets though to!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

and is there any way to rule out the tranny being broken?
Old 03-18-2012, 08:12 AM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
3vz, bleeding, changed, clutch, cylinder, doesnt, engage, floor, gear, gears, master, pedal, slave, stays, work