86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Recent Mods!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recent Mods!

Since I got my truck, I've learned perfection just doesnt happen over nite. It takes time and patience, many of you know that, unless you just got that paper where u can get someone to do all the work for you in a weeks time, but where's the fun in that? Its been awhile since I have be able to work on my truck due to finishing up the semester and all, but the ole yota stayed faithful! As I finished my final exam I could here my summer project yellin my name, so I decided to start my summer off with a bang.

The beginning...

Pic right after I got the steelies...

Since the steelies I have recently added a pro comp light bar (hard to see in the pics), I have my lights waiting to go on but the only problem is I am waiting for my alternator to come in. Sorry bout the blurriness...

You probably also noticed the windows are tinted, I actually did the tint job all on my own, its harder than it looks but I must say it turned out really well for the 1st attempt. I decided to go with 20% all the way around because I wanted everything even.

My most recent mod which is my system, I love my music so this is a must for me, I know some dont like it, but I do! System consists of two shallow mount alpine 10's, mono alpine amp, and pioneer headunit. I didn't do this install all on my own, I am not very electic savy, and this stuff is tooooo expensive to mess up!

The headunit...pioneer deh-4800mp, there is also a kenwood eq, but its not pluged up because soon i plan to install a double din dvd player.

The box is made for two shallow mount tens, the box as u can tell is a downfire type, this is the first downfire i have ever had and it sounds amazing!
Passenger side view of box...

Driver side view...

The subs are 900watts max and 300rms...

Now for the amp, its hidden in the driver side compartment...alpine really knew what they were doing with the V-POWER series amps...

Overall, I know my truck is far from done and from where I want it to be. Its still a work in progress and have really enjoyed the time I spend working on it. Thanks to YOTATECH I have learned alot and I want to say thanks to everyone! Lettme know what ya think!
Old 05-11-2008, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks nice! I have my amp in the same spot.