Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Random Questions. Help me finish my supercharger!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 09:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Random Questions. Help me finish my supercharger!

I'm trying to figure out how to get this thing to run on the stock ECU, at least for a few lbs. I've seen a few different people run 6lbs and 8lbs on the stock ECU, and be pretty successful (successful as you can be on a stock ECU that is). Maybe if I can get some help from everyone, and ideas thrown out there, I can get this thing running.

What about the vacuum lines? I have no EGR hooked up, but I do still have all the factory vacuum lines hooked up and in the proper places. Is there anything that I have to do as far as plugging certain ones, or putting a one way valve on them? For some reason, I have a feeling that I have to mod the vacuum setup somehow. I'll be honest, I don't really know what each vacuum line does, and what ones see vacuum or see pressure.

What about a diverter valve, or blow off valve? At idle, the supercharger is creating more 'boost' than the engine needs, so even at idle it's tweaking out. Does anybody have idea's as to route a line or something back to the intake to regulate pressure?

What about the AFM? I've read that there is a way to 'clock' it, and make it run the engine more rich, which is what I need. Or what about a Supra AFM? I don't know what is so good about the Supra AFM, but do you guys? Does it read differently, or just flows more air?

Currently, I have the PCV valve plugged. I also plugged the line that goes from the throttle body to the valve cover. I had to do this because it shot the boost into the engine and pretty much ballooned it, and shot out my mains

And lastly, what about that canister that sits to the left of the throttle body, and there is a air line that goes to the factory air box. I had to remove that because, well, I no longer use the box. So, I have that canister just chillen in the open air, not hooked up to anything. What does that thing do? I'll admit it, I've done alot of work and thinking, design and money spending, but I just can't do it myself. I don't know everything and could use some knowledge from fellow members on these random questions.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
as complicated as the vacuum system looks, it's REALLY not all that bad

half of it is for the EGR and PAIR system alone; so if you've done away with that, a LOT can be gotten rid of

study that little sticker on the hood on the driver's side

I had a look at mine for about an hour, and finally developed my new routings; only thing I had plumbed in was the AC idle up valve, the fuel pressure regulator, the line going to the charcoal canister, and the two lines running over the the power steering pump idle up valve

Old 07-08-2010, 07:31 PM

that setup looks 100% different than mine...
Old 07-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
of coarse it does; it's pretty much all custom, lol, I was just showing you it CAN be done; the factory routing is not the ONLY way
Old 07-08-2010, 08:42 PM

I figured it out!